Re: Battlefield 5 will not start.

by xButerax

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 will not start.

★★★ Newbie

Every time I open the game I am greeted with a blank white window that says "Frostbite" in the top left, on the task bar it labels this window as the actual game and no matter how long I wait nothing happens and the game never launches. I have re-downloaded the game twice, made sure its up to date, and even tried using the "repair" function on origin. Please help. I also have made sure my computer specs are good and they are. 

Message 1 of 4 (520 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

I was having the same problem, tried everything that was suggested. Uninstall game, uninstall origin, clear cache, clean boot. Nothing worked until i right clicked the BF5 shortcut on the desktop, chose properties, then under compatibility i checker run as administrator. clicked apply, then ran the game and was finally able to go thru the entire intro till it came back to the original way you select stuff and was then able to play without anymore crashing. Try that and see if that fixes your problem.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (476 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I was having the same problem, tried everything that was suggested. Uninstall game, uninstall origin, clear cache, clean boot. Nothing worked until i right clicked the BF5 shortcut on the desktop, chose properties, then under compatibility i checker run as administrator. clicked apply, then ran the game and was finally able to go thru the entire intro till it came back to the original way you select stuff and was then able to play without anymore crashing. Try that and see if that fixes your problem.

Message 2 of 4 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Fishmp4 Exact same problem had 3 cases they closed 2 cases the last one I got this: (still no solution and refusing to refund after 14 days)

Call EA Help
Thank you for contacting us. We'd love to troubleshoot your issue and get you back in the game!

To speed up that process, we need to talk to you on the phone.

Phone number: +0800030989
Talk to our on the phone 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. UTC, Monday - Saturday.

Phone charges might apply based on your location and network policies. Our number isn’t accessible to some providers, and some charge for calling from a mobile phone. Contact yours for more info.

Message 3 of 4 (399 Views)

Community Manager

@nzufologist 

This post is from 2019 so I'll be closing it down. If you're experiencing any technical issues launching the game please find a more recent post or create a new one and provide us all the troubleshooting steps you've done already in attempt to resolve it. If you're able to add a DxDiag to the post that helps us a ton too.

How to gather DxDiag information

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Forum rules: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#dos-donts

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (396 Views)