Re: Battlefield 5 shuting off computer

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 shuting off computer

★ Novice

I recently downloaded Battlefield 5 and I´m having the problem that in the middle of games with no warning it just shuts off my computer completely, no blue screen or anything and I have to manually start it over. (The game runs smoothly with no visual problems at any time). It always happens in-game and never in the menu (at least in multiplayer, haven´t played any singleplayer except for the tutorial yet). I encountered the same problem in Battlefield 1 but nowhere near as much as in bf5 where it is almost every game. 

I´m pretty bad at computers but I believe the problem to be my graphic-card. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 and it says the minimum needed is the GeForce GTX 660, although the graphic-card GeForce GTX 1060 or above is recommended. The reason I believe it to be the graphic-card is that the game requires the version of the card to be 430.86 or later and I weren't able to update it as you normally would do in the GeForce "app" but instead had to download it from NVIDIAs website.

I have also had problems with the graphic-card before where it completely failed to update to the latest version but I haven´t encountered that problem this time.

I also checked on systemrequirementslab.com and according to the A.I the only problematic thing was the graphic-card.

I wanted to check first here if the graphic-card could be the problem because if it is I´m simply going to buy the GTX 1060 or something later but if it isn't the problem I don´t want to go and buy a graphic-card for 200 dollars only to realize it wasn't the problem.

Message 1 of 4 (533 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It could be a number of hardware related issues. You can find out what the problem is by simply eliminating all possible suspects.

I would start with a clean installation of Windows if possible or removing the video driver completely with the help of a display driver cleaner

After this install the latest version from nvidia.com\downloads

For the next troubleshooting i would advice the help or service of a known qualified technical support representative!

If all fails you should check all internal computer cables were sometimes just reseating them can make a difference. And test another power supply and or videocard if you can. Also make sure all computer and graphicscard ventilators are running alright and that they are clear of dust and obstructions. Also check all temperatures of the components to their reference thresholds.

Then one could check and reseat the videocard in another pci-e 16x slot just to be sure. And update the system and videocard bios and firmware as well.

Good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (480 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@Swamions It sounds very weird.
I heard about the game crashing but to shutdown the entire computer.

first off lets try Repairing the game
Right click on BFV in origin - select Repair game

Try that first and see if it fixes the game
Message 2 of 4 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It could be a number of hardware related issues. You can find out what the problem is by simply eliminating all possible suspects.

I would start with a clean installation of Windows if possible or removing the video driver completely with the help of a display driver cleaner

After this install the latest version from nvidia.com\downloads

For the next troubleshooting i would advice the help or service of a known qualified technical support representative!

If all fails you should check all internal computer cables were sometimes just reseating them can make a difference. And test another power supply and or videocard if you can. Also make sure all computer and graphicscard ventilators are running alright and that they are clear of dust and obstructions. Also check all temperatures of the components to their reference thresholds.

Then one could check and reseat the videocard in another pci-e 16x slot just to be sure. And update the system and videocard bios and firmware as well.

Good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 3 of 4 (481 Views)

@Swamions Which CPU do you have any how much RAM? Which OS are you using and have you tried rolling back your GPU driver to the last one that worked successfully and reinstalling it with a clean installation?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (470 Views)