Battlefield 5 on Xbox One Won't Launch

by SergentSilver

Original Post

Battlefield 5 on Xbox One Won't Launch

★ Novice

Battlefield 5 has been failing to launch for over two months now. I try to start the game and after 10-30 seconds it exits to home and pops up a black box claiming the game has taken too long to launch. I have tried every standard fix for this, up to and including reinstalling the the game twice. Nothing has worked. 

I play on a base Xbox One console and use an Xbox 1Tb external hard drive to supplement the internal 500Gb hard drive. Battlefield 5 is the only game that has this problem. When it first happened I assumed it was a bug within the recent update, but after so long I have to start asking questions. 

I will try reinstalling the game once more. After that, I will have to start submitting support tickets until it is fixed. I've already tried everything I've found on this forum and even added a post to another thread of the same issue a while back. Nothing has changed.

Message 1 of 4 (464 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 on Xbox One Won't Launch

Hero
@SergentSilver Have you tried moving BFV between your drives? It sounds like something is corrupted so thought it worth checking.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 2 of 4 (442 Views)

★ Novice

That I haven't tried as it would require removing other titles to make space on the internal. Fortunately, it seems that third time's the charm with reinstalling and the game is currently loading up correctly. Hopefully the problem doesn't return. It does seem to have completely reset the game as it gave me the "first launch" intro and menu, so hopefully it was just a bad update that hadn't been fixed by the second time I tried reinstalling the game. It was very frustrating though. They should have sent out a message to all BF5 owners about the fix when it was released if it couldn't update normally and required a complete reinstall.

Message 3 of 4 (420 Views)

EA DICE Team
@SergentSilver is the game on the internal hard drive or external hard drive?

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (368 Views)