Re: Battlefield 5 High CPU usage on an 8700k, bottlenecking a GTX 1070?

by IICookieGII

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 High CPU usage on an 8700k, bottlenecking a GTX 1070?

★★ Novice

Hello there, I am having a tough time figuring out what the heck is wrong with this games performance. 

I played the beta, and I had no problem what so ever, my CPU would sit at around 40 percent and my GPU would be at about 99 percent, awesome right? 

Well now I had just bought the full version of the game expecting the same great game (even better with all the tweaked bugs), but I get some really B.S. performance. Before when I was getting 70-85 fps is now at about 50-60, which is fine, but ticks me that I'm only using 75 percent of my GPU and 60 percent of my CPU. How can this be? Is there some setting that I have to turn off now in this full version? I do not understand how a 12 thread CPU can prevent a 1070 from its full potential.

Message 1 of 3 (5,947 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thanks, Yeah I thought it was one of those options too, especially the future frame rendering. However, for some reason, it ended up being V-sync. I never use V-sync being that I have a G-Sync monitor, but once I turned it on my GPU went back to 99 percent. Really weird stuff! I never have to do that for other games.

Thanks for replying and helping me out!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (5,912 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hey @Popperonii

Hopefully this is nothing major and you can get those usage rates down, a few options to try:

• Make sure you have memory restriction turned OFF in-game
  • Turn Future Frame Rendering OFF in-game

(I also have the 8700k and a 1080 with those two options ON?  I also played around with the Nvidia Control Canel settings aswell - P.s. I play on the "Low Latency" setting in-game. Fidelity wise, game still looks fine to me)

Best of Luck!  Wink

Message 2 of 3 (5,925 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, Yeah I thought it was one of those options too, especially the future frame rendering. However, for some reason, it ended up being V-sync. I never use V-sync being that I have a G-Sync monitor, but once I turned it on my GPU went back to 99 percent. Really weird stuff! I never have to do that for other games.

Thanks for replying and helping me out!

Message 3 of 3 (5,913 Views)