Re: Battlefield 5 Freezing after 5-10 min of Play Forcing Reset

by LlkeICE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 Freezing after 5-10 min of Play Forcing Reset

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

As the title states Battlefield 5 has been freezing my whole computer after about 5-10 min of play on multiplayer 64 player conquest or grand operations which requires an entire reset of my PC. I have also encountered this problem in BF1 but only when I overclocked my GPU. I am currently using the most recent updated version of Windows 10 pro and Nvidia graphics driver 416.94. I typically play on ultra settings, 1080p (native screen resolution is 1440p), 144 frame limit, DX 11, GPU memory restriction on, Vsync off, gsync on in nvidia panel and future frame render on. Temps while playing everything with hardware stock was 60 degrees for both GPU and CPU. Used MSI afterburner to check temps.

I initially thought that the problem was MSI afterburner, although I don't overclock any hardware for BF5 or BF1 as I have found after the recent nvidia drivers my overclocks have become unstable for both games, overclocks (2000MHz stable consistent for 1080 ti and 5.0GHz for all cores on i7 8700K) still work for all other games I play such as Destiny 2, Insurgency Sandstorm, fallout 4, AC odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider etc. Unfortunately today and yesterday when I played BF V without using MSI afterburner (to check temps) my PC still froze up after 5-10 min of play. Below you will find the specs to my PC, again no hardware is manually overclocked while playing BF 5. Thanks for your time and consideration. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! 

CPU - core i7 8700K 3.7GHz, 4.7GHz turbo, using Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO cooler

Power Supply - EVGA 850W Gold G3

Graphics Card - MSI Duke OC (factory overclock not manual) 1080 ti 

Motherboard - MSI Gaming Plus Z370

RAM- DDR4 3200 16 gb GSKILL Trident 

Storage -1 tb SSD Adata SU800 - Battlefield 5 installed here

4tb seagate HDD slave drive 7200rpm

Cooler Master HAF Full Tower (2014 version)

Message 1 of 9 (4,329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hey @MurderinMurphy00,

Sorry to hear about this issue you're experiencing. 

If you choose to get a Refund, and purchased the game on Origin, you will have to go through EA Support.

You can contact them here:

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (4,236 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
In all honesty, seeming as you keep crashing after say 5-10 minutes, just reinstall the game and try that, if that does not work contact EA support.
Message 2 of 9 (4,297 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I can’t play longer than 30” before crash to desktop or hard crash forcing reboot.

Squad which is in alpha plays dandy!

Played the alpha and beta no problems. BF1, no worries.
Message 3 of 9 (4,270 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same BF1 no problem and beta and alpha for BFV was no problem as well. I found that my issue specifically happens if I stay in a server for the next round, meaning if I join a server and play the map then when I continue onto the next map in rotation the game will crash towards the middle of that game, but if I quit out of the server at the end of the round and rejoin that same server or join another server I don't crash. The crashing I believe has something to do with the shifting into the next round (during the customization and checking progress screens between rounds), hopefully a developer can take a look.  

Message 4 of 9 (4,258 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Actually there is no exact moment when the game freezes it is just random now for me =(. Sorry I was not of help to those who are also experiencing this issue. If I uncover anything new or a temporary fix I will let you all know. Is it possible to get a refund? What are the refund policies? Thanks. 

Message 5 of 9 (4,241 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @MurderinMurphy00,

Sorry to hear about this issue you're experiencing. 

If you choose to get a Refund, and purchased the game on Origin, you will have to go through EA Support.

You can contact them here:

★ Apprentice

Random freezes for me too. Getting kicked offline from EA servers while playing.

Message 7 of 9 (4,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So instead of telling that you guys know the issue and will try to fix it...instead you offer a refund right away?
So I suppose there are no plans to fix it but only to add content from which it becomes pointless since you can't really play the game decently.

Personally I am getting random freeze in the middle of the match and game simply closes...no error no nothing... wtf.
Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM...

Fix your games that you release!

P.S. I know you are not part of the development team that does the stuff, and my words are thrown into the air...but you are part of an company that is know to have issues with games.

Message 8 of 9 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ITS OCT 6 2020 AND STILL NO REMEDY FOR BATTLEFIELD 5 FREEZING?...IM LOOKING ALL THROUGH HERE AND ONLY HELP E.A GIVES IS?....HERES WHERE TO GET A REFUND?...YOU KNOW MOST WONT!!!!!....OR DONT HAVE RECEIPT  OR MANY OTHER REASONS....BUT THE POINT IS ?....DID YOU LAUNCH 5 KNOWING IT HAD PROBLEMS FOR THE QUICK MONEY?

Message 9 of 9 (1,352 Views)