Battlefield 5 - Artifacts and flashing on main screen and in game

by POPSK1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 5 - Artifacts and flashing on main screen and in game

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased BF5 and ever since launching I have been having these crazy flashing and artifacts on the landing screen and in game. It is tolerable to play and is not as crazy as some of the known bugs. My main concern is that it is my videocard, however, none of the other games I play have ANY issues. 

Some of the steps I have tried so far:

My drivers are updated

Uninstall and reinstall BF5

Messed with tons of settings (switched back to default)

Uninstall and reinstall NVIDIA Drivers

My video card is an EVGA 1080.

A link to the exact issues I am experiencing is below.

https://youtu.be/EYoYRB8I5hE

Thank you for any help,

POPSK1

Message 1 of 5 (1,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 5 - Artifacts and flashing on main screen and in game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

A while back I was getting strange black triangle artifacting and what solved it for me was clearing the shader cache. It used to be in the documents BFV folder but it was moved recently to 'C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Battlefield V\shaders" While it may not solve your issue, it's certainly worth a shot. This folder is also not cleared if you remove/re-install BFV.

Edit: I know you mentioned you tried many different settings, but just in case did you try to disable to terrible 'camera' effects on the first video settings page? Such as the lens flare, chromatic aberration, and vignette?

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,801 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

A while back I was getting strange black triangle artifacting and what solved it for me was clearing the shader cache. It used to be in the documents BFV folder but it was moved recently to 'C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Battlefield V\shaders" While it may not solve your issue, it's certainly worth a shot. This folder is also not cleared if you remove/re-install BFV.

Edit: I know you mentioned you tried many different settings, but just in case did you try to disable to terrible 'camera' effects on the first video settings page? Such as the lens flare, chromatic aberration, and vignette?

Message 2 of 5 (1,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem on xbox one, the screen starts flashing violently after about 10 minutes and then the screen goes black! It's unplayable for a few minutes. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

try to disable the hdr setting .

this works for me

Message 4 of 5 (631 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield V, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (541 Views)