Battlefield 2042 Crashes after anticheat launcher

by GRIlIZZLY

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 2042 Crashes after anticheat launcher

★★★★ Novice

I need massive help. I have contacted ea 3 different times along with googling for hours to no progress. When I open the game through ea desktop, the easy anticheat launcher loads all the way, then it pops up a black window for a few seconds until that black window freezes and then the game crashes. I have tried reinstalling, installing through origin, opening with admin, reinstalling my GPU drives, logging in through a different  admin account on windows, removing all my other running applications and plenty more and nothing is working. I've dedicated over 5 hours just to try and fix this. What's the issue?

Message 1 of 56 (5,678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 2042 Crashes after anticheat launcher

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This work for me
1. Copied files from Origin install location to another folder
2. Uninstalled BF2042 from Origin app

3. Closed Origin with Task Manager

4. Installed BF with the EA App (Using the path I copied the game files too; didn't have to re-download the game)

5. Launched with EA app

It launched with no issue.

Hope this works for others <3

View in thread

Message 50 of 56 (6,587 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Oh well at least Im not alone. I have the same issue and will be subscribing to this thread. Hope we can find a solution

Message 2 of 56 (5,671 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GRIlIZZLY

Have you tried repairing or reinstalling Easy Anti-Cheat itself to see if that helps? You can find more info on how to do that at the EAC website

Let me know if it's still crashing afterward. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 56 (5,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

yea i tried that! i also uninstalled the game, updated my drivers, turned of my firewall, reset my pc, and looking online for other methods! I just want to play the game!

yeah i just put in for a refund! im not gonna fight anyone who doesn't want to give me a product that i paid for! y'all will most likely put in micro transactions long before you even allow the game to be playable anyways!

Message 4 of 56 (5,574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just did both. Neither worked.

Message 5 of 56 (5,541 Views)

★ Novice
@GRIlIZZLY I am having the same problems as well Have tried everything under the sun to fix this issue. This has now become so flustering I had to walk away from the pc! Any help EA??????
Message 6 of 56 (5,538 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates, everyone. 

If you haven't already can you also try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes a difference? That way if EAC is picking up something that's running in the background we may be able to narrow it down. 

You can find more details on how to set one up over at the EA Help website. Let me know how it goes when you can. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 56 (5,464 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here man, I went through hours of support chats and troubleshooting and nothing works. I tried numerous things including :

Deleting the BF2042 Folder in my docuiments.

Running the game as admin

Opening Anti-Cheat services and disabling it.

Running the anti-cheat software and repairing/installing. 

Clean uninstall and reinstall of the game

Verifying files

Unplugging all USB devices

Disabling all background software

And numerous other things, I don't think EA/DICE or anyone know how to fix it. Unfortunately I had this exact issue in the beta and nothing was done then and nothing is being done now. 

Message 8 of 56 (5,451 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MrKetros

Thanks for the info!

There was something else I was curious about. What happens if you make a new Admin account in Windows and try launching the game through that user account? If you need more info on how to set up a new Admin account check out the Microsoft Support website

Let me know if it's still crashing when you launch the game through a different Admin user. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 56 (5,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_KentI have done both the clean boot and a different admin. Actually both a few times.Same result

Message 10 of 56 (5,409 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help