Re: Battlefield 2042 Crash mid-game Without Error

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 2042 Crash mid-game Without Error

★★ Novice

I'm having a problem with battlefield 2042 being crash all the time to desktop without any error message.

The crash happen every time I went to open the 'squad and players' menu and the weapon customization menu,

it will freeze a little bit for a sec and then crashing to desktop without any error.

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?????

Message 1 of 23 (4,189 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates!

DXGI errors can sometimes point to driver issues. If you haven't already, can you try a clean uninstall and reinstall of your video drivers to test and see if that makes any difference? 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 23 (3,976 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Digzgothigh

Do you mind sharing a DxDiag when you have the chance so we can take a look? 

For more details on how you can pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thank you! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 23 (4,126 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Digzgothigh I have the same problem. And when i press ESC button freezing and crash. In documents there is a folder with chrash dump with all chrashes
Message 3 of 23 (4,113 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @lOxygenGRl

Do you mean that you're seeing random crashes on top of the crashes you're seeing when you hit the ESC button? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 23 (4,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Yesterday, i crashed 8 times, 7 were from ESC button
Message 5 of 23 (4,066 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm sorry, it did have an error message, but it will immediately close same as soon the game close, here is the error message and my dxdiag information

Message 6 of 23 (4,047 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates!

DXGI errors can sometimes point to driver issues. If you haven't already, can you try a clean uninstall and reinstall of your video drivers to test and see if that makes any difference? 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 23 (3,977 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done that using DDU, but the crashing still happening. Is there something else I could do??

Message 8 of 23 (3,956 Views)

Community Manager

@Digzgothigh 

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch BF2042? Does it still crash that way? If there's anything else running that could be connected with the crashes that may help to figure it out. 

You can find more details on how to set up a Clean Boot at the EA Help website. Once you've had the chance to give that a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 23 (3,928 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Digzgothigh Check your ram usage while playing, 2042 has a massive memory leak issue, my ram goes from 40 to 95% in the space of 3/4 games once it tops out my game crashes to desktop without an error code.
Message 10 of 23 (3,919 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help