Battlefield 1 won't launch or open

by P0peCh0de

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 won't launch or open

★★★ Newbie

5 days ago, I bought Battlefield 1. By the next day, it downloaded, and ran fine. Two days ago though, I installed Windows to a new SSD. After setting everything up, all my games, on all services such as Steam, and Uplay, worked. I tested Origin, and Battlefield 1, which is my only game on Origin. It worked. Yesterday though, I deleted my old installation of Windows (but I kept all my User documents, downloads, etc), and again, after testing, all of my games worked, save for Battlefield 1. When I try to run BF1, Origin minimises, and then comes back up after a few seconds. On my task manager, BF1 shows up for a second or two, then it jsut goes away. Why is this? Everybody on other forums that have issues like these were fixed, but none of the issues were exactly like mine and thus none of the fixes worked. My game is up to date and repaired. I am far above the required specs to run it, I have a 980 ti overclocked, along with a R5 1600. When the game used to run, I was getting well above 60fps at 1440p Ultra, maybe close to 90fps. Can someone please fix this? I can't return the game either since these issues only started cropping up after the return period ended. It cannot be an application error either, since Event Viewer does not say anything about it. Maybe it's Origin blocking me from playing it for some reason? I only ever played the single player, and I played for less than an hour, so I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it.

Message 1 of 7 (16,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 won't launch or open

@crushtor1 wrote:

I had the exact same problem, except I've not had it launch once since downloading. I've also tried repairing the installation to no effect.

I have a separate games HDD, on D: (which has been set up since the beginning) - would this make a difference?

When you run the repair make sure that you've done so after running Origin as an admin by closing Origin completely to include the tray icon, then right click the Origin icon on your desktop and select "run as administrator", after that is done repair BF1 and see if that helps. I've had a few times where repair didn't solve the issue until I ran Origin as an admin.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (15,911 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@P0peCh0de When you moved it to the new hard drive did you do so by following these steps:

1. Copy your Origin Game Library folder to wherever you want it.
    • The default location is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\”
  2. Set the Origin Game Library Location to the new location.
    • In Origin open up Settings
    • Select the “Installs & Saves” tab.
    • Under “Game library location” select “Change folder…”
    • Locate the new folder.
  3. Start a download for each game you’ve moved.
    • In Origin open up “My Game Library”
    • Find each game you’ve moved.
    • Press “Download”
    • Origin will skip downloading any files that are already there and update any that need to be updated.
  4. When Origin is done updating each game it will be ready to play.

You can find more info here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

If not then the best thing to do is follow the steps above from number 2 down.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (16,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done all of that. I didn't move my installation of BF1. When I got everything up and running, BF1 worked, it's just that since yesterday it has refused to launch. 

Message 3 of 7 (16,006 Views)

Community Manager
In that case just go ahead and repair the game to see if it helps.

When you launch it have you checked to see if it is running in the background or do you see an error of any kind?
Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (15,983 Views)

★ Novice

I had the exact same problem, except I've not had it launch once since downloading. I've also tried repairing the installation to no effect.

I have a separate games HDD, on D: (which has been set up since the beginning) - would this make a difference?

Message 5 of 7 (15,944 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @crushtor1,

Sorry to hear about this issue you're experiencing.

When you try to launch the game, what happens?

Does it crash to desktop, freeze during the loading screen, etc?

Thanks Standard smile 

@crushtor1 wrote:

When you run the repair make sure that you've done so after running Origin as an admin by closing Origin completely to include the tray icon, then right click the Origin icon on your desktop and select "run as administrator", after that is done repair BF1 and see if that helps. I've had a few times where repair didn't solve the issue until I ran Origin as an admin.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 7 (15,912 Views)