Battlefield 1 shuts down to windows without any error message

by PauloMaxim_PT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 shuts down to windows without any error message

★★★ Novice

Battlefield 1 shuts down to windows without any error message.

In the last 3 weeks while im playing battlefield1, my game just randomly closes and returns to windows desktop. this can happen after 5 ot 10 or 30 minutes, its random.

i have the most updated nvidea drivers, but i also tried with older ones. i checked Event viewer and i dont see anything strange. i also tried to clear Origin cache.

what am i missing? reinstall the game? i play also Farcry5 and no problems.

amd 1700

32gb ddr4

game installed in ssd

Nvidea 1080gtx

thank you

Message 1 of 10 (3,403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 shuts down to windows without any error message

★★ Guide

I'm not an AMD guy anymore but I work infront of a computer all day and it's been slow so I have been doing lots of reading. There seems to be a problem with FMA3 on the Ryzen chips and Windows 10 if that is what operating system you have. I cannot confirm the "Fix" because I am an Intel user right now but people are saying that Windows Update version 1803 resolves the issue. Other people are saying they had to RMA the original processor and the new one they received "fixed" the issue. Hope you get a resolution soon. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (3,599 Views)

All Replies

@PauloMaxim_PT wrote:

Battlefield 1 shuts down to windows without any error message.

In the last 3 weeks while im playing battlefield1, my game just randomly closes and returns to windows desktop. this can happen after 5 ot 10 or 30 minutes, its random.

i have the most updated nvidea drivers, but i also tried with older ones. i checked Event viewer and i dont see anything strange. i also tried to clear Origin cache.

what am i missing? reinstall the game? i play also Farcry5 and no problems.

amd 1700

32gb ddr4

game installed in ssd

Nvidea 1080gtx

thank you

Which Operating system are you running?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 10 (3,371 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not an AMD guy anymore but I work infront of a computer all day and it's been slow so I have been doing lots of reading. There seems to be a problem with FMA3 on the Ryzen chips and Windows 10 if that is what operating system you have. I cannot confirm the "Fix" because I am an Intel user right now but people are saying that Windows Update version 1803 resolves the issue. Other people are saying they had to RMA the original processor and the new one they received "fixed" the issue. Hope you get a resolution soon. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,600 Views)

★★★ Novice
Windows 10 pro 64bits
Message 4 of 10 (3,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

my windows 10 was giving a error in installing version 1803, so i manualy installed it and yesterday evening i played 2 hours without any issues, so i dont understand why but updating to version 1803 fixed the problem... at least for now!

i have installed it before your reply, but thank you for your help and i will also read about FMA3 because im curious.

Thank you Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (3,360 Views)

★★ Guide

Awesome! Happy that worked out. Let us know if it any other issues pop up. 

Message 6 of 10 (3,351 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi I have this same problem  I am on AMD Ryzen 2600x and Vega 64 and it cancels out without any errors. I have installed the 1803 windows update but this is still occurring.

Can anyone help me with this issue it is starting to get really annoying. And as i mentioned already installed the new 1803 update.

Message 7 of 10 (3,092 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My Event Log says this:

Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.56.37170, time stamp: 0x5b69e2b3
Faulting module name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.56.37170, time stamp: 0x5b69e2b3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000728274b
Faulting process id: 0x1034
Faulting application start time: 0x01d452c5b1419008
Faulting application path: D:\games\Genuine Games Installs\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
Faulting module path: D:\games\Genuine Games Installs\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
Report Id: 40023ffd-1df1-431d-8522-7f677bbb780c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

After googling it says this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5303524/what-exactly-is-the-scope-of-access-violation-0xc0000005

So it must be my processor its a ryzen 2600x

Anyone know how to fix it?

Message 8 of 10 (3,087 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I did find this on you tube by selecting only one or two cores in task manager.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_CNSUAuGA

It might help. I will post back with the answer if it worked or not.
Message 9 of 10 (3,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 did you get it fixed ? I been playing for few days, and just today problem started. During the game randomly i loose sound and few secs later game shut down and go back to windows without errors

Message 10 of 10 (2,698 Views)