Re: Battlefield 1 operations lag

by kristalshards

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Hi @iluminatethesky and thank you for the advice! I have tried your steps but sadly nothing improved. I still have the yellow/red Latency Variation icon on my screen. In the matches where the game runs smooth (like team deathmatch) there is no Latency Variation icon. Even lowering the resolution is not helping.

Message 11 of 21 (1,153 Views)

Community Manager

@Raz0r_44222 

What resolution are you running the game on?

Have you tried playing it in windowed mode?

Can you attach a new DxDiag for me?

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 21 (1,146 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Blueberry 

I'm running the game in 1920x1080

Yes, I've tried to play it in windowed mode and full screen (currently I'm running it in bortherless)

Do you have any suggestions of how can I fix the latency variation? (I really start to think that the problem comes from there)

And here is the new DxDiag file

Thanks for the reply!

Message 13 of 21 (1,127 Views)

Community Manager

There's a new driver update for your video card today. Can you try updating that and see if you're still experiencing any FPS drops?

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 21 (1,116 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello @EA_Blueberry  and sorry for the late response. I installed the driver but no improvement

Message 15 of 21 (1,096 Views)

Community Manager

@Raz0r_44222 

Try adjusting VSync for your monitor (or completely off)

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 21 (1,060 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello and sorry again for the late response

I've tried changing the v-sync even some combinations of turning it on in game and off in Nvidia control panel and turning it totally off too. But don't you think that it comes form the high latency? I read on Google that there are some people who experience the same problem as me and they mention the high latency problem too

Message 17 of 21 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It doesn’t come from high latency dude, your CPU is not good enough for 64p modes, I’ve had exactly the same CPU as yours and was struggling just like you. Bought a new laptop with a much better processor (i7) and the lag is gone.

Message 18 of 21 (1,041 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi @kristalshards 

Then why am I not getting a better experience if I lower the graphics considering I've met the minimum requirements?

Message 19 of 21 (1,021 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Because lowering graphics helps mostly the graphics card. The more players you have, the more stress it puts on your CPU because it has to render much more etc. That’s why 24p modes work for you and 45+ don’t work properly.

Message 20 of 21 (1,009 Views)