Re: Battlefield 1-no menu icons showing

by Purity_Crusader

Original Post

Battlefield 1-no menu icons showing

★★★ Novice

Hey, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I have been for a month trying to figure out how the fix my battlefield 1 game. Ever since I had a origin update, followed by a computer crash (which was caused because my ram was wriggled loose), battlefield 1 won't load screen icons in the menu screen. I have tried origin restarts and game repairs, but I have tried everything except for reinstalling the game which I don't want to do. If anyone or even a dev knows what to do other than restarting that would be helpful.

Attach are some screen shots to show what is happening?

Thanks to anyone who can solve this problem for me.

Message 1 of 9 (3,441 Views)

EA DICE Team
Make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. @Purity_Crusader 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience. 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 9 (3,400 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried the clean boot and installed NVIDIA to update my drivers, but none of them worked. If you or somebody else has another idea, that would be helpful, I am almost on my last straw before just uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

/Strongbadian

Message 3 of 9 (3,309 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Purity_Crusader

Try these steps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/

You can also try clearing Origin Cache to see if this helps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

As far as the Servers showing numbers like that, you need to go to Options, Gameplay, and make sure Player-Created Content is set to "Show".

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help, however, only half my problem was solved (the server issue). I still am not getting any of the menu icons showing? I guess I will just have to uninstall and rein-install it =( .

Message 5 of 9 (3,263 Views)

★★★ Novice

To anyone who knows about this problem, I just uninstalled and rein-installed Battlefield 1 to fix the problem with no menu icons showing and that didn't work!!!! If anyone has any solutions on fixing this problem please let me know. My processor is a AMD Ryzen 3 1200 quad core power and my GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX  460. Thanks to anyone who can solve this problem.

Message 6 of 9 (3,254 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @Purity_Crusader  make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield 1 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 7 of 9 (3,221 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have already done that, and I also replace my video card to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660. Neither of those worked. I have clean boot my computer and made sure all my drivers are up to date. I also reinstalled battlefield 1 to make sure it wasn't the game itself. All of these I have tried and all of these have failed to fix the problem
Message 8 of 9 (3,214 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I just found out that the black screen problem only happens after I go online, offline mode everything is fine. Also this all started after my RAM was dislocated, which cause my entire computer to crash a couple times before we fixed the RAM issue.

Message 9 of 9 (3,199 Views)