Battlefield 1 crashes after few seconds (if not minutes) while playing

by str00nix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 crashes after few seconds (if not minutes) while playing

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Every time after the map loads, select a squad and I start playing the game automatically crashes after the few seconds had passed. The screen freezes on the last given frame, some sound effects still go on, and the game exits and returns to Origin without giving me an error. There was one instance where it actually gave me an error (it was a month ago and then I gave up on trying to fix it, I think the image attachment was successful).

As of what I have tried so far:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics driver

- Cleared the Origin temporary files (in the "Local" folder)

- Updated windows 10

- I ran vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86

- Ran Origin and BF1 as an administrator

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Battlefield 1 AND Origin

- I Verified the game files and Updated the game through Origin

- I ran BF1 through windows 7 compatability (The game was perfectly fine when I played the open beta and I was on windows 7 and I had my old GTX 750ti graphics card)

As my PC specs in short:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 @ 3.50GHz

GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Message 1 of 10 (2,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 crashes after few seconds (if not minutes) while playing

★★★★ Novice

I fixed it!

So I uninstalled and reinstalled BF1 (for the second time), for compatability I run only BF1 as an administrator, and I lowered my resolution to 1600x900. But I think that exiting geforce experience before playing the game actually fixed the problem.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,539 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

The error clearly says you do not have enough video memory. But this is weird because i think i have seen it done, the picture was not even that bad!

You could try:

-Remove config folder from x:\user\documents (win documents folder) 

-turn on memory restriction in BF1 video settings menu

-test DX12 to see if its enhanced memory architecture can help 

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 10 (2,681 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so this is what happened:

I deleted the whole Battlefield 1 folder in Documents. I enabled memory restriction and DX12, the rest of the video settings remained on low. 

When I started BF1 it had to do a quick update because of the folder I deleted, from the medium settings that it had automatically detected I put everything to low and when I got into a game there was a MAJOR lag / fps drop each 1-2 seconds and it displayed the orange (sometimes red) icon just like on my error image on the right side and after 10 seconds the game crashed to a point where there was a black screen, I could not alt+tab nor activate the task manager so I had to mechanically restart my computer.

Oh and something I forgot to mention in my main message. The weird thing about this problem is that the game sometimes works without a problem when I enter a match, but it stays that way only in that session (even if the map changes it is ok). In other instance I played for 10-15 minutes and then it crashes to Origin. But the usual case is me entering a match and crashing when I start moving (even in squad select)

Message 3 of 10 (2,667 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It might also be heat / stress related in combination with a unflexable pci/vga adaption. i would clean the videocard and test another pci-e slot if available also disable as many background applications as possible and disable any overclock done. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 4 of 10 (2,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I opened the PC case, I cleaned up the dust inside (there was some on my graphics card). Luckily there is another pci-e slot like the one that was used so I switched to it. The first time I booted windows the resolution was lowered as if it didn't find the graphics card, but when i restarted my PC it got back to normal. I opened BF1 and with DX12 enabled, memory restriction disabled this time,  and everything else on low I tried to get into a game. This time even the sound sounded choppy in the loading screen (that never happened before), and after major lag like last time the game froze with the last few milliseconds of sound being repeated constantly so again I mechanically restarted my PC.

On my second try I ran the game in windowed mode with speccy on the right side. Having DX12 disabled this time and everything else unchanged, I got into a game, in the loading screen there was not a major temperature change. After a minute or two my CPU's temperature was at 67C peak and my GPU at 46C. There was a slight lag at times and after the third minute the game crashed to origin.

As for overclocking, I manually do not have my cpu / gpu on overclock, but when I entered my bios settings, under Ai Tweaker -> CPU Power Management -> "Turbo Mode" and "Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology" were enabled. I don't know if that falls under the category of overclocking.

Message 5 of 10 (2,624 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update:

I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the game yet again and when it was "playable", I wanted to try singleplayer and this is what happened. The exact same error as the one a month ago. (Note that the firefox tab that I had opened did not have a video playing, it was just a website). And even though according to this screenshot the error occurs while I am on the settings section, the game crashed while it was loading the map.

Message 6 of 10 (2,590 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And now even when I open the game it crashes because of a similar error

Message 7 of 10 (2,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Sometimes i am also having this same issue? is it because of any driver issue or the issue is with the game itself?

KissAnime GroupMe Letgo
Message 8 of 10 (2,584 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Now that I think about it, I have a theory. What if the game thinks that I am using a 2gb version of the GTX 1050TI instead of the 4gb version that I am actually using and somehow that causes an error. How much vram does you graphics card have and is it a 1050 like mine?

Message 9 of 10 (2,579 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I fixed it!

So I uninstalled and reinstalled BF1 (for the second time), for compatability I run only BF1 as an administrator, and I lowered my resolution to 1600x900. But I think that exiting geforce experience before playing the game actually fixed the problem.

Message 10 of 10 (2,540 Views)