Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Battlefield 1 crash to desktop in multiplayer loading screen.

by raptorscream

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Same. I never experienced anything like this on a game running via Steam. I think Black Ops 3 was very hardware demanding aswell but i had no problems whatsoever, no crashes. I got Bf3 and now sadly Bf1 and both these games just cant stop crashing. Ive done so much now to troubleshoot the problem, but it crashes once every 15 minutes. I list up what i have done so far:

- I of course tried the recommended drivers first

- Turned every Origin feature off, no cloud saving, no notifications, nothing. 

- I have a GTX980, factory overclocked (Asus Strix series), i even turned on the gpu debugger so the overclocked gpu should no longer matter

- I no longer play via wifi but with a cable

- I changed all ingame settings to EAs advice

- I opened my ports

- I set the antivirus programme in gaming mode

- I dismembered my pc... i have no checked every piece of hardware for faulty functions (nothing wrong on my end)

- I made BF1 use only 7 cores (i7-4790k NOT overclocked, so at 4gHz)

theres more ive done but just now i dont remember everything.

Short story:

no issues on steam games

constantly issues on EVERY single friggin game running via Origin

I am not joging, every single game i bought from EA and played via Origin has the same problems

Message 191 of 201 (1,692 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm definitely not going to buy this game if this isn't fixed. This will be the first BF game I haven't purchased, even if the full game does work I still have 7 hours left on my trial because I haven't been able to play...

Message 192 of 201 (1,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem, crashing trying to join multiplayer.   What is worse is this is a compromise from the misses.  

She was not thrilled with the idea of me spending close to £50 on a game this close to Xmas considering I binned BF3 and Hardline after about 20 seconds.  No amount of "I loved bf4 though" was getting me anywhere so this 10 hour trail was a godsend.  After 10 hours if I liked it I can buy it and do not have to put up with the "I told you so's" and "I hate your face" if I bought it only to bin it.

I really hope they reset the 10 hour timer or at least refund the Access as I bought it like the rest to test the dam multiplayer!  For all I care the campaign can be farmville!

Message 193 of 201 (1,313 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Multiplayer in Trial Version now works for me, after the patch

Message 194 of 201 (3,092 Views)

Community Manager

@raptorscream Thanks for the confirmation! This should be fixed for everyone now, with today's update. 

Thank you to everyone for posting, and sorry for any frustration caused by this issue. 

Message 195 of 201 (1,270 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so when you replied yesterday in this or another thread that you had no answers or updates on this issue, you didn't mention that the next update coming on the 13 of December may have a fix?

no wonder your users were frustrated if you keep them in the dark?

Message 196 of 201 (1,256 Views)

★ Apprentice

error13062016.jpg

after new patch

Message 197 of 201 (1,239 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1. check for latest graphics driver

2. windows update

3. possibility your settings are corrupt, delete battlefield 1 folder in your "documents" folder, run the game again.

4. try uninstalling then reinstalling BF1 (I know it takes ages, buts sorts so many issues out!)

without being there, this is the best advice I can offer you.

good luck

Message 198 of 201 (1,233 Views)

Message 199 of 201 (1,209 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought OA 15/11 just to play BF1. We got 13.12 and i`m still not able to play it. Bah, after last update i cant even start the game. Got no answer via support, got no answer via PayPal Claim.

Joke Company

Message 200 of 201 (1,205 Views)

bf1-eye

Forgot your password or ID?

If you can’t remember your EA Account ID, password, or security code, use this information to reset things and get back into your account.

View more on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help