Same. I never experienced anything like this on a game running via Steam. I think Black Ops 3 was very hardware demanding aswell but i had no problems whatsoever, no crashes. I got Bf3 and now sadly Bf1 and both these games just cant stop crashing. Ive done so much now to troubleshoot the problem, but it crashes once every 15 minutes. I list up what i have done so far:
- I of course tried the recommended drivers first
- Turned every Origin feature off, no cloud saving, no notifications, nothing.
- I have a GTX980, factory overclocked (Asus Strix series), i even turned on the gpu debugger so the overclocked gpu should no longer matter
- I no longer play via wifi but with a cable
- I changed all ingame settings to EAs advice
- I opened my ports
- I set the antivirus programme in gaming mode
- I dismembered my pc... i have no checked every piece of hardware for faulty functions (nothing wrong on my end)
- I made BF1 use only 7 cores (i7-4790k NOT overclocked, so at 4gHz)
theres more ive done but just now i dont remember everything.
no issues on steam games
constantly issues on EVERY single friggin game running via Origin
I am not joging, every single game i bought from EA and played via Origin has the same problems
I'm definitely not going to buy this game if this isn't fixed. This will be the first BF game I haven't purchased, even if the full game does work I still have 7 hours left on my trial because I haven't been able to play...
December 2016 - last edited December 2016
Same problem, crashing trying to join multiplayer. What is worse is this is a compromise from the misses.
She was not thrilled with the idea of me spending close to £50 on a game this close to Xmas considering I binned BF3 and Hardline after about 20 seconds. No amount of "I loved bf4 though" was getting me anywhere so this 10 hour trail was a godsend. After 10 hours if I liked it I can buy it and do not have to put up with the "I told you so's" and "I hate your face" if I bought it only to bin it.
I really hope they reset the 10 hour timer or at least refund the Access as I bought it like the rest to test the dam multiplayer! For all I care the campaign can be farmville!
@raptorscream Thanks for the confirmation! This should be fixed for everyone now, with today's update.
Thank you to everyone for posting, and sorry for any frustration caused by this issue.
so when you replied yesterday in this or another thread that you had no answers or updates on this issue, you didn't mention that the next update coming on the 13 of December may have a fix?
no wonder your users were frustrated if you keep them in the dark?
1. check for latest graphics driver
2. windows update
3. possibility your settings are corrupt, delete battlefield 1 folder in your "documents" folder, run the game again.
4. try uninstalling then reinstalling BF1 (I know it takes ages, buts sorts so many issues out!)
without being there, this is the best advice I can offer you.
I bought OA 15/11 just to play BF1. We got 13.12 and i`m still not able to play it. Bah, after last update i cant even start the game. Got no answer via support, got no answer via PayPal Claim.