Battlefield 1 Trial -- Freezing and Lag Issues (PC-Origin)

by Mister_Squeaky

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Trial -- Freezing and Lag Issues (PC-Origin)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Origin
Summarize your bug In campaign & Operations, game freezes for ~5 seconds at ~1 minute intervals. In multiplayer, game freezes for ~2-5 seconds at ~1-2 minute intervals (Low FPS warning light on constantly, and either packet loss or high latency warning light on constantly).
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any game mode
What happens when the bug occurs? In campaign, video and gameplay freezes for ~5 seconds at 1 minute intervals. In operations/multiplayer video freezes for ~5 seconds at 1 minute intervals, but audio and gameplay do not.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Single Player Campaign
In what Single Player War Story did the bug occur? Prologue
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Every time I play campaign or operations, I cannot play for more than 1 minute before the program freezes for ~5 seconds. Audio keeps running as normal, but video and gameplay freezes. I turned all the video settings to their lowest settings, no improvement. I turned of in-game Origin, no improvement. Turned off Origin cloud sync, no improvement. Played through campaign prologue and first 3 segments of first campaign story, no improvement. Switched servers on operations/multiplayer, no improvement. This is incredibly frustrating, as the beta ran flawlessly (sans the normal beta glitches) and I cannot play the campaign nor operations.

Multiplayer is also bad. The freezing (mentioned earlier) lasts ~2-5 seconds at intervals of ~1-2 minutes. The entire duration of the multiplayer match, the FPS on-screen warning light is on (intermittently going to the severe light) along with either the packet loss or latency warning light (which also, intermittently, go to the severe light).   .

System specs:
Windows 7 (64-bit)
G force GTX 660
AMD Phenom II X4 955 (3.20 Ghz)
8 Gb RAM

Message 1 of 4 (822 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Trial -- Freezing and Lag Issues (PC-Origin)

★★★★★ Expert

Sorry, but nothing in your message or your DxDiag is waving any warning flags that I recognize.  I'll have to say to bite the bullet and try the official tech support people with this.  I know, it's the weekend, and most of them went home, so you'll have a long wait, or you could put it off until after 8AM Monday.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

Message 2 of 4 (790 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Mister_Squeaky 

Have you read my reply? 

Message 3 of 4 (773 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder I did read your reply. The first tech support guy told me to move the config files from my documents to the desktop and repair the game file. This (obviously) did nothing. I increased temp RAM space (which did nothing) and disabled Dx12 (that did help some). I'm going to turn on V-Sync and see if that helps. 

Message 4 of 4 (765 Views)