Battlefield 1 Stuttering and Fps drops.

by SCARFAC3E

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 1 Stuttering and Fps drops.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Can Confirm, Using GTX 1060 on a ASUS ROG Gaming Laptop was getting steady 75fps on Ultra. Played the 10 Hours and some of the Multiplayer graphics were amazing. Bought the game, said i need to download a update for the UI. Downloaded. Game now unplayable 30+ FPS on Ultra, 35fps with lag spikes on Low. Game Is Broken.. Funny but the trial before they take your money works perfectly.. Very Sly !

Message 21 of 51 (5,492 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @mitsie2k7 sorry to hear abut the issues you are having, going from trial to a legit copy of the game should not change anything in terms of performance. 

Try doing this, remove the Battlefield 1 exe files where you installed the game and then run a repair on the game in Origin. If that doesn't work, remove the document folder (this remove setting and single player saves) for BF1 and then start the game up. 

/Atic 

Message 22 of 51 (5,468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Removed the game and reinstalled on both Gaming Laptop and my Desktop, on my Desktop I7 6700k @4ghz 32GB ram, 2TB Hybrid SSD Drive and GTX 1060, I noticed if i play the game when it is downloading; I can watch Netflix on second monitor and run the game on Ultra and get 100 - 120 smooth FPS, soon as the game is installed and it downloads the U.I. update i instantly get huge FPS stuttering and drops.. it runs around 80fps and then drops to 4fps constantly, i can play other graphically intensive games such as Crysis 3 on Ultra buttery smooth not a problem. This is the only game i'm having trouble with. I notice when running Battlefield 1 my RAM slowly creeps up until Battlefield 1 is using all of my RAM. I've tried suggestions from others like installing Memory cleaner to "Trim working process set" and "Clear System Cache" every couple of minutes. But that still doesn't work for me. I've had the game a week, it says I've played 20 hours but 5 of them were playing the perfectly working trial and 15 of them have been trying to fix the broken game after purchase. Obviously one of the updates seems to break the game. Unplayable on 2 of my gaming rigs. I've just gave up now, going back to Battlefield 4.

Message 23 of 51 (5,401 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Mitsie2k7 Thanks for that details description of the issue and information! Standard smile 

Lets see if there any programs that are messing with BF1 try to do a clean boot. 

How to do clean boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Also run a Ccleaner to make sure there are no temp files messing with BF1

How to do ccleaner: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

/Atic 

Message 24 of 51 (5,375 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem after a may update. Big frametime spikes with fogy weather
Message 25 of 51 (4,946 Views)

★ Novice

For screen tearing u have to go BF1.exe >Properties>Compatible> and tick Disable fullscreen optimizations  

Message 26 of 51 (4,748 Views)

★ Novice

I'm same, used to comfortably play this game at 70 fps with most things on ultra (oc'd 3570k, 1060).  I've come back after a while away from the game and I'm now getting between 30-40 fps.

Message 27 of 51 (4,718 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting terrible FPS too

I've got the following running on 2560x1440 Ultra

Windows 10 1803

i7-4771

GTX1080 TI (Driver 398.36)

16GB RAM

After trying BFV I realised that I was also getting 30-40FPS on Ultra when playing BF1

I tried reinstalling the latest drivers but that didn't help at all.

The GPU runs at 30-40% load and the CPU runs at 50-60%

Message 28 of 51 (4,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey, @Camo260 thanks for the information :eahigh_file:, did you try the above steps I posted? 

/Atic 

Message 29 of 51 (4,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i am also having the same issues didn't play for a while come back and find i am only getting between 30/40 fps rang EA for them to say its my system when i know it isn't has same has you i have run the game in ultra before. then i call again for them to say its there end and just to bare with. I done all trouble shooting and nothing getting really annoying has every other game i play runs smooth its just BF1 don't. SYSTEM is mother board is gigabyte 990fx gaming,mem is hyer x 16gb ddr3 @1866mhz, processer amd8350 8core, gpu is r9 390 8gb

power supply 750 coisair, 120 ssd, 2nd drive is 2tb hdd.

Message 30 of 51 (4,608 Views)