Re: Battlefield 1 Stuttering and Fps drops.

by F900EX

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing these FPS drops. A year ago this game worked flawlessly, even a few months ago too. I recently played it again and I get these horrible FPS drops which make the game unplayable. Now my PC isn't exactly a beast by any means but I was playing this game fine on the highest settings. I tried playing on low and it still happens. The issue is with the game or the drivers not the hardware at this point. I verified the game twice, hell, I even reinstalled Windows completely and it still happens. My friend who has the same specs as me albeit the GPU (He has an AMD GPU) it doesn't happen to him which makes me think either something wrong with the game or the drivers. Although I can play every other game on the highest settings just fine.

EDIT: Here is the picture of the PerfOverlay.Graph thing: PerfOverlay.Graph

These high spikes are the FPS drops.

Message 41 of 51 (7,234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here.

Games become unplayable for 2-10 seconds and then runs without issues.

It is happening with both BF1 and SW BF 2 :/
I own these games from the release and never had issues with them. Just now

Message 42 of 51 (7,037 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have BF V on prepaid reserve. Reports of server lag and rubber banding have been widespread over the last 2-3 weeks. If this continues, I don't think I'm going to be interested in continuing my BF series.

Message 43 of 51 (7,017 Views)

★ Novice

Hi all.

I also had horrible stuttering on an i7 4000MHz + GTX1060. It was behaving as periodic freezes and frame drops. It made the game unplayable as you would get stutters in a gunfight.

Dropping visual levels or any other fix I could find had no effect.

I used the "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1" command to show the bottleneck and found that the processor was getting bottle-necked during the stutters so it had nothing to do with the video card.

So, I tried to play with the process affinity.

Initially, it was set to all 8 processors so I just disabled the first 2.

It worked like a charm. No more frame drops, no more stutters, instant relieve.

My guess is that the OS is also using the first processor for background tasks and when doing that it starves BF1 of processor power.

I hope this fix will help you too.

Message 44 of 51 (6,981 Views)

★★ Novice

As for me, simply setting a process priority to Very High for BFV got me a better performance and i got rid of the fps drops and lags. 

Hope this will help you guys.

Message 45 of 51 (6,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me! Thanks!

Message 46 of 51 (4,720 Views)

★★ Novice

2080ti user and I have the same issue, Stuttering and FPS drops.

Message 47 of 51 (3,842 Views)

★ Novice
i have an i5 7400k and gtx1060 6gb 8gb ddr5 RAM. Some people told me that my cpu is the issue that is not good enough for that and that it causes fps drop. Is it true?
Message 48 of 51 (2,786 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is absolutely wrong. The processor is quite sufficient.

Message 49 of 51 (2,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

to anyone whos still not able to solve the issue just switch your video from fullscreen to boderless it worked for me 

Message 50 of 51 (1,050 Views)