Re: Battlefield 1 Stuttering and Fps drops.

by b1002e0707956eb0

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Stuttering and Fps drops.

★★★★ Novice

First of all, my computer specs are ; i5 6500, Gtx 1060 6gb, 16 gb 2133 mhz ram and the game is installed on a ssd.

My problem is after the latest UI update, I experience heavy fps drops and therefore stutters. Before the update I've had times that my fps dipped but they were so occasional, now it's every single game and my game has came to a state that it's literally unplayable. I have tried lowering the graphical settings but they don't seem to help that much, what am I supposed to do ?

Sorry for bad english.

Message 1 of 51 (42,917 Views)

Hey @SCARFAC3E,

No problem with your English we understand you Standard smile. Please try this:  Application Settings -> Game -> uncheck Origin in Game.

Let us know... 

Best regards,
ParaMaster

Message 2 of 51 (42,832 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SCARFAC3E Have you tried to Repair the game via origin client and reinstall/update your graphics driver?

Message 3 of 51 (42,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've tried those, not working and I've been hearing this stuttering issues from some players in the game aswell. I think it's an issue with the game itself since my computer tops up every single game I play including the graphically intensive ones. I will try to talk with origin live support about this.

Message 4 of 51 (42,808 Views)

Hey @SCARFAC3E,

Hmm okey, which DirectX are you running on(DX11 or DX12) if you run DX12 please try to switch it to DX11: Go to Documents - Battlefield 1 - settings - PROFSAVE_profile. Open with notepad. Ctrl-f and search for "dx12enabled". Change the value listed from 1 to 0. Save and start Battlefield. This should force DX11.

Let us know...

Best regards,
ParaMaster

Message 5 of 51 (42,797 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Simply put since the last UI update (not the June update), Myself and a few friends have been experiencing large FPS drops from stable 60fps to the low 30's sometimes even 20's. This is over several different CPU's, GPU's over both 1080 and 1440 resolutions. This is also over different brands of cpu's and gpu's aswell from Intel,AMD and Nividia. Temp's are not the problem as 2 systems are watercooled and 1 is aircooled stock speeds. This is making the game unplayable, Both nividia user's are using different drivers from each other, all non essential task's are closed and yet the issue is still there. Also note that this problem was not there @ the June or before updates but only since the latest UI update.All systems are running DX11, 2 systems have the game installed on a ssd the 3rd one doesn't. This is not a problem with our systems or driver problems but a problem with the game.

Message 6 of 51 (42,773 Views)

@SCARFAC3E wrote:

First of all, my computer specs are ; i5 6500, Gtx 1060 6gb, 16 gb 2133 mhz ram and the game is installed on a ssd.

My problem is after the latest UI update, I experience heavy fps drops and therefore stutters. Before the update I've had times that my fps dipped but they were so occasional, now it's every single game and my game has came to a state that it's literally unplayable. I have tried lowering the graphical settings but they don't seem to help that much, what am I supposed to do ?

Sorry for bad english.

@SCARFAC3E the first issue is that your CPU is below the minimum required to Play BF1, and BF1 is a processor intensive game. You can see how your CPU rates against the minimum required CPU here:  http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6500 You also might want to drop your graphics settings, your GPU may be able to handle it but your CPU being just below the minimum probably can't keep up with higher graphics settings.

That being said, what OS are you running? If on Win10 are you using DX11 or12, and did you install the creator's update?  Recently I limited my FPS to 61 in my user.cfg and it really evened out the CPU spikes and sporadic FPS drops so that may benefit your game performance.  My rig is the same as yours except that my processor is an i7 3770.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 51 (42,744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But if that's the case, how is that my cpu handled the game very good at even ultra settings and had no issues until that June update ? Or so other peoples cpus ? As I said I tried lowering the graphics, it doesn't seem to help much. Can you write down the cpu intensive graphics settings if you know so I can set them to very low.
I am using the Windows 10 64-bit Pro version and I haven't installed the creators update. My game is running at DX11 (DX12 has way worse stuttering)
I will try what you did on the cfg file but I don't think it will work since I play with vsync on (if I turn off vsync the screen tearing becomes worse than anything, since I have a 60hz display)

I think EA just effed up something about the game optimization (willingly or not I don't know.)

Message 8 of 51 (42,733 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @SCARFAC3E 

I am really sorry for those issues with Battlefield 1. Have you been able to solve this, thanks to other players input? Let us know, how you are doing. If the problems persists, can you try to load your system, using Clean Boot, and launch the game afterwards? Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 9 of 51 (42,704 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't been able to solve the issue no matter what I've done. Last game (2 days ago at Empire's Edge) my fps dropped literally to 15 on the top of the castle without any effects and there I stopped playing the game. I tried refunding the game & got refused since I played too much (around 150 hours) until the June update. 

Message 10 of 51 (42,695 Views)