Battlefield 1 PS4 Game Connection Issue

by x901-Escot

Original Post

Battlefield 1 PS4 Game Connection Issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Since the PlayStation update 6.0, I have had major problems connecting to the internet and to the PlayStation network on my PS4. I even had my internet service provider send me a new gateway which had minimal positive effect. My PC connects quickly and flawlessly, but not the PS4. This renders Battlefield 1 almost useless. If I do finally get connected, there are few games listed in the server browser with enough people to actually start a game. Of the games listed, most are operations or other games with less than 10 players. Either there are major coincidences taking place which is unlikely, or there are major issues with the architecture to make online connections to the game which appeared at the same time that the update 6.0 was released. This makes my favorite game frustratingly useless. ‌
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Come to my house and try to play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? No fun.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Since the PlayStation update 6.0, I have had major problems connecting to the internet and to the PlayStation network on my PS4. I even had my internet service provider send me a new gateway which had minimal positive effect. My PC connects quickly and flawlessly, but not the PS4. This renders Battlefield 1 almost useless. If I do finally get connected, there are few games listed in the server browser with enough people to actually start a game. Of the games listed, most are operations or other games with less than 10 players. Either there are major coincidences taking place which is unlikely, or there are major issues with the architecture to make online connections to the game which appeared at the same time that the update 6.0 was released. This makes my favorite game frustratingly useless.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Come to my house and try using the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? No fun.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 1 of 4 (500 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 PS4 Game Connection Issue

Hero (Retired)

Hey @x901-Escot,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

Also, if you haven't already, I would try opening the suggested Ports for Battlefield 1. The steps are below:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Thank you Standard smile 

Hero (Retired)

Hey @x901-Escot

this sounds like a problem with your PS4 Thinking

Maybe Sony´s support pages can help you.

https://connection.support.playstation.com/en_US?language=en_US#/

https://support.playstation.com/s/troubleshooting?flow=Troubleshooting_v3&language=en_US

Please give it a try and let us know about your connection.

Good luck Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (440 Views)

Community Manager

@x901-Escot

"If I do finally get connected, there are few games listed in the server browser with enough people to actually start a game. Of the games listed, most are operations or other games with less than 10 players." 

Have you tried adjusting your server browser filter back to default? I also recommend selecting "None, 1-5, and 6-10" in the player slots. Don't select anything else (maps, modes, etc.), leave it as default settings. That should show more servers for you.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (356 Views)