Battlefield 1 Opening Scene Bug

by machandy302

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 1 Opening Scene Bug

★★ Novice

I've been suffering with this same problem for about 6 months now, as soon as I mentioned I had spent £50 on the game and that it should surely be classed as selling faulty goods, EA stopped responding.

Fantastic customer service... 

This all started after an update kicked in sometime last year around September 2017 or October.  I basically have to play the intro, then it sends me to the hub, then says I need to download an in game update, then sends me back to the main menu where I have to play the intro again, then when I back out of that it sends me to the main menu again where I have to play the intro a 3rd time. Then after that finally sends me to the main hub.

After the 3rd time I can then play the game, however none of my settings for controls or gameplay save, and I have to re create a lot of my class load outs. But not all the time and not with all of them.

This is as much detail as I can give to my issue and I swear to God EA you need to sort this as it is absolutely disgusting that this is how people that are keeping such a greedy company afloat are being treated. At least reply to these issues even if it's just to say ooh sorry we've screwed up. 

Thanks

Kiefer Rusowicz 

Message 21 of 25 (1,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I"m on a PS4 and have experienced the same issue of the same restarting me with the opening dream sequence and play till you fail missions.  I did manage to get through two of the actual tank missions that follow and they show as completed in the world map section prior to selecting "continue campaign" or start a new mission.  However even when I try to start off from the tank missions where I left off or a new part of the war somewhere else on the map; it restarts me with the opening dream sequence and mini missions.  What are the available fixes for this problem?

Message 22 of 25 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to play the game 4 times . At end of opening scenes it says select difficulty then starts all over again. I cant handle a 5th time ill smash my tv.

Message 23 of 25 (1,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I need help I play on Xbox one and I have this same glitch where on battlefield one I need to watch the intro scene for campaign Any and every time I open it. I have tried uninstalling all of battlefield 1, playing through the whole first war story and nothing seems to fix it. I have a lot of progress so I don’t want to switch accounts but I’ve tried using my same disk with a different account and the glitch doesn’t happen then
Message 24 of 25 (1,169 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Drunk3n_Squid  try clearing local and cloud saves for Battlefiled 1 for your Xbox one and then try playing BF1 again. 

That should work for you. 

/Atic 

Message 25 of 25 (3,216 Views)