BattleField 1 and FIFA 18 lagging !

by StickyFingazzzzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BattleField 1 and FIFA 18 lagging !

★★★★★ Novice

HI i have a problem with FIFA 18 and BATTLEFIELD 1 the games START but after 5 min play they lagging for 5 sec after 5 min again lagging and this over over again * i Overclock my processor FX 8320 3.5Ghz to 4Ghz and both games are perfect for now
I did this

BATTLEFIELD 1:

Overclock my proccessor FX 8320 3.5Ghz to 4Ghz in BIOS Save/Exit Restart
Stop Origin in Game from Origin Application Setting
Stop Origin in game from Game Properties
i Start the game join in Optrions/Advanced
turn OFF HDR (not HDR MODE)
Disable DX12 {if is enable)
Framerate Limiter change to Monitor Refreshrate (my monitor is 144Hz)

Options/Basic
Turn off Vertical Sync

I open Nvidia Control Panel / Manage 3D Settings / Global Settings

Maximum pre-rendered frames change to 1
Vertical Sync change to Fast

My all Drivers is UPDATED to LATEST

For FIFA 18 i do nothing to change when i Overclock the processor the game is fine

This all Steps Solved this problem for ME (Try IT)

My Rig is
AMD FX 8320
Kingston Fury 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Asus strix GTX 1050 TI OC 4Gb

Aoc AGON ag271qx FreeSync 144Hz 1ms

Message 1 of 6 (434 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BattleField 1 and FIFA 18 lagging !

@StickyFingazzzzz The graphic card is too weak to offer a good experience at 2k resolution. An  Nvidia GeForce 1060 allow for 60FPS at 2k rez, but for high settings, you will need an 1080Ti. For 4k rez, on an  GeForce1080Ti, you will get around 60FPS. 

Also, pairing an Nvidia card with a display meant for the ATI cards....not a good idea. The Nvidia card can't take advantage of the FreeSync feature. I get that the FreeSync displays are dirt cheap, but for an Nvidia card to get maximum of a display, it needs its own GSync displays (and those are quite expensive).

So, tone down the graphic settings and see if you can obtain 60 FPS. That is the best you can do with what you have there. 

Personally i would get rid of the Nvidia card and would go for an ATI Radeon RX 560 or RX 570 (at least you have the FreeSync working on those cards). But that PC needs a serious overhaul. If money are an issue, the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (with a decent motherboard and DDR4 RAM) is the ideal choice. Just consider it. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (487 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
are you sure game engine can handle over 60hz, several game engine has issue with this, it has been noticed in several game forums. same with v-sync on/off and then you OC it, and if you read requirements of game. then it should not be needed

ps.
OC pc can push game engine to even worse odd bugs and crashed or scripts
Message 2 of 6 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
if win10/dx12 then you dont meet requirements

but in dx11 you do, and all those setting you tweak seem like bottleneck on AMD pc's and several AMD user has discoverd this themself.
Message 3 of 6 (423 Views)

@StickyFingazzzzz The graphic card is too weak to offer a good experience at 2k resolution. An  Nvidia GeForce 1060 allow for 60FPS at 2k rez, but for high settings, you will need an 1080Ti. For 4k rez, on an  GeForce1080Ti, you will get around 60FPS. 

Also, pairing an Nvidia card with a display meant for the ATI cards....not a good idea. The Nvidia card can't take advantage of the FreeSync feature. I get that the FreeSync displays are dirt cheap, but for an Nvidia card to get maximum of a display, it needs its own GSync displays (and those are quite expensive).

So, tone down the graphic settings and see if you can obtain 60 FPS. That is the best you can do with what you have there. 

Personally i would get rid of the Nvidia card and would go for an ATI Radeon RX 560 or RX 570 (at least you have the FreeSync working on those cards). But that PC needs a serious overhaul. If money are an issue, the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (with a decent motherboard and DDR4 RAM) is the ideal choice. Just consider it. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 6 (488 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I upgrade my rig but for now this help me before to overclock the processor in net graph I see EXTR OFFSET to increase and my latency drop to 1 and fps drop 

Message 5 of 6 (406 Views)

Just limit the FPS to 60hz, go to 1920 x 1080 rez, and lower a bit the graphic settings and you should lose the lags. 

Overclocking the CPU without a serious cooling solution is never a good idea. But if you really want to do it, you might want to take a look on the tomshardware forums . The guys there are quite good when it comes to stuff like this.

Again, i will stress that you need a serious cooling solution. Either water cooling or a monster cooler from Noctua (NH-D15 is one of the best air coolers for OC-ers). The case needs to be well aired, if you choose air cooling. Which means at least 4 case fans (120mm should be minimum for those, but if the case supports larger fans, you want those). Dust filters on the case to help maintaining the fans. 

Message 6 of 6 (394 Views)