Re: Battelfield 1 wont start/crashes at start

by Berthrond

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battelfield 1 wont start/crashes at start

★★ Novice

The last month or so Battlefield 1 will not start, when starting it a black screen opens and after about 5 seconds it crashes with a message from windows that Battlefield 1 has stopped working.

I've reinstalled the game and used the repair function. I've added it as an exception to the windows firewall and tried running it with the "run as administrator" function directly from the game file. 

The game has run perfectly fine previously but I suspect that following a patch it is now unplayable. 

Help to make it run again would be appreciating. 

kind regards 

Carl 

Message 1 of 4 (432 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hi ,

Thank you for the tips, the tips did not help , there is no way to revert to direct X 11 when you have this issue unfortunately. 

However I found out that if you delete the "settings" folder in documents the game runs on direct x 11 automatic. 

Deleting the folder fixed the issue, so if anyone has the same issue id recommend starting with deleting the settings folder which means the player does not have to reinstall the game and other time consuming solutions.

thank you for the help and support

Standard smile  

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (454 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Berthrond,

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with Battlefield 1.

Have you tried creating a new Windows Account, and loading the game?

Also, It looks like you're running DX12, which could also cause issues with the game, try reverting back to DX11 and see what happens.

Please keep us posted, and let us know if any of these steps worked.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★ Novice

Hi ,

Thank you for the tips, the tips did not help , there is no way to revert to direct X 11 when you have this issue unfortunately. 

However I found out that if you delete the "settings" folder in documents the game runs on direct x 11 automatic. 

Deleting the folder fixed the issue, so if anyone has the same issue id recommend starting with deleting the settings folder which means the player does not have to reinstall the game and other time consuming solutions.

thank you for the help and support

Standard smile  

Message 3 of 4 (455 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Berthrond

Glad to hear it's fixed I'm going to make your post as the solution so if any other players are experiencing this issue they will see it as the top post!

I appreciate you letting us know how you fixed it.

- DarDar

Message 4 of 4 (384 Views)