Re: Banned/suspended for no reason

by Noobish520

Original Post

Banned/suspended for no reason

★★ Novice

Alright, so let me start from the beginning.  Last week, I re-installed Apex Legends, for the first time since the Halloween event back in October of 2019, so I could play it with my brother, after hearing that they added a Duos mode.  My brother and I launched the game, got in a party and queued for matchmaking, when we got in the match however, I was booted back to the main menu with a message that read "Error: The Client's game account has been banned: Banned", so naturally I messaged EA to see what was up, and ask what I supposedly did wrong, and in response, just today, they sent me an email that told me they detected suspicious activity and are now locking down my account.  

I received no email notification of the ban the first time, nor could I have broken any rules, as the last time I played an Online Game in Origin was...maybe December 2019-February 2020, I can't remember which.  I have never used Cheats or Exploits since I made my Origin Account, I don't leave matches or rage-quit, and the only time I have ever used mods was during my playthrough of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which is a strictly single-player game, and the mods are strictly cosmetic in nature.  There have been no unauthorized entrances into my account and the only trusted device that I have is my computer.  Now it seems like EA is punishing me for even mentioning my Apex banning, as after I questioned it, my entire Origin account was banned/suspended and I can't even create a help case anymore to try and resolve this wrongful ban.

I honestly don't know what to do.  I want this to be resolved, but it seems like EA is ignoring any and all attempts on my end to bring this to a resolution, I'm honestly stuck.  Does anyone have any advice?  Am I just out of luck?

Message 1 of 3 (271 Views)

Community Manager

@Noobish520 

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

★★ Novice

I already tried contacting EA, five times in fact, and no matter what I do, I can't submit a new help case, and when I submitted the first one, EA responded that they were shutting down my account due to "suspicious activity".  

Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)