Banned on Apex after getting hacked

by Kriiizy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned on Apex after getting hacked

★★ Novice

I wanted to open a new thread because I had questions about getting unbanned.

Original question: About 2 weeks ago my account got banned after getting hacked. I have submitted a case and it's been close to 2 weeks and was wondering when I would be getting a response. 

New question:  I've been wondering what does it mean when my case gets updated? It's been getting updated multiple times a day and still says in progress what does it mean? Nothing has actually changed on the case except for it saying it has been updated.

Message 1 of 4 (188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned on Apex after getting hacked

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Kriiizy,

I'm afraid I won't have insight into this. If you're concerned about it, you could reach out to the support team directly. They can take a look to see if if there has been any updates or if the case is transferred to the correct queue, etc and help put your mind at ease. For more details on how you can set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, as well. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (133 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Kriiizy

Ban appeals are taking longer than usual currently due to a relatively high number of cases. Reports from other players on the forum suggest that the average response time is quite long at the moment. As a result, it may take a while before you hear back from the Terms of Service team.

If you have already followed the steps in this article, you've done the right thing and it's a matter of waiting to hear back from Terms of Service. On the case updates, this can be on the system side of things. Once Terms of Service have received your case and completed their investigation into the ban, they'll reach out to you via email from this address: noreply@ea.com and close out the case.

Thanks.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (153 Views)

★★ Novice

I was wondering what it meant when it says updated, like has anything actually changed? Its been like over 3 weeks i think.

Message 3 of 4 (135 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Kriiizy,

I'm afraid I won't have insight into this. If you're concerned about it, you could reach out to the support team directly. They can take a look to see if if there has been any updates or if the case is transferred to the correct queue, etc and help put your mind at ease. For more details on how you can set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, as well. 

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)