Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Banned from web app due to failing captcha.

by UwotLel

Original Post

Highlighted

Banned from web app due to failing captcha.

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have been using the web app and transfer market a lot recently, bidding for players to do league sbc and the upgrade sbcs (82-88s/81+) and have been often met with the robot verification CAPTCHA ( I don't know if this is to do with the speed of my bidding, which I wouldn't say is above any normal human level or the frequency of my bidding - I wanted to do a lot of packs at what at this point is near the end of the game cycle).

When i get the CAPTCHA on the fifa web app, I leave my browser on and switch to FIFA on console to do the captcha, as I have a difficult time telling the positioning of the creatures (and which one I actually need upright as there are usually 2 overlapped on each other) and every time I have tried to flip them to their right position I get a failure (It doesn't help that I am usually asked to do 16 of these on the PC compared to just 1 on the console).

But it seems that leaving the CAPTCHA on the web app for too long has triggered suspicion with EA and I was met with a locked transfer market on the web app and the message that I have been locked from trading on the web app for repeat failure of the CAPTCHA.

Is there anyway to contact EA to get this looked at and to have my access to web app transfer market reinstated as I have done nothing to manipulate the transfer market/game nor have I broken any of the terms of service through anything like coin trading or actually using any third party software/client.

Message 1 of 13 (705 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Hey @UwotLel 

This isn't something we can help with on the forum but if you believe your account has been incorrectly banned please take a look at this article for further assistance.

Thank You!
/MadRedPirahna

Message 2 of 13 (624 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

You will likely not have your ban lifted if you make an appeal. I never failed any captcha challenge and yet they banned me for failing the captcha challenge. I made an appeal and it was denied just like most other people. Odds are that the same thing will happen to you whether you violated the rules or not. However they will unban us when fifa 21 launches so as to encourage us to buy it and then they'll ban us again for the same unjustified reasons if they want to.

Message 3 of 13 (604 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
It's actually ridiculous, the CAPTCHA is so bad its bordering on discriminatory for people with sight issues.

An example of others complaining about it can be seen below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FUT-Transfer-Market-Captcha-Issues/td-p/8280743

Message 4 of 13 (601 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

It's ridiculous how badly they are treating us by taking our money and then prohibiting us from using what we've purchased from them for mostly false reasons. If there was some consumer protection institution investigating this they would conclude that they are exploiting their customers. Oddly enough though is that this ban happens mostly on PS4 and XBOX. I have a PC account and I've never had any issues at all regarding getting banned or even warned of misusing the transfer market. I guess it's because the PC market is dead, it's ten times smaller than PS4 and you can only make around ten times less profit from trading than on PS4. Plus high rated cards on PC are very inflated and some are even always extinct. So however much coins you make through trading you will have to pay anywhere from 20% to 300% more on PC than on PS4 to buy the same card for your team. And you will likely still be forced to buy fifa points to build your team. So I guess they are less strict with their persecution of PC players for this reason.

Message 5 of 13 (570 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Possibly because on PC, people would be using a mouse in the menu so a higher bidding rate is to be expected or it could be simply the fact that they neglect PC all together as shown that its rampant with cheaters everywhere.

I have been looking around on the forums/reddit and there are some cases where people have had their access restored but it seems for the most part they do not unlock access to web app if this happens. It also seems that the web app transfer ban will only be for the current game but I haven't found 100% clarification on that issue. 

I did create an EA support ticket on the day it happened but not have received a reply nor have I actually received an email from EA about the incident itself (the only notification i had was a brief pop up message when I first went back on to the web app).

Message 6 of 13 (522 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

No it's because the number of players on PC are far less than on PS4 and demand for illegitimate coins is almost nonexistent. Ironically the cheaters on PC that you mentioned who are ruining the game for everyone aren't being hunted down as aggressively as suspected coin distributors because their actions probably don't ruin EA's revenue so they're not a priority.

Message 7 of 13 (486 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Have they replied yet? I did the exact same grind as you but with the 85-92 packs and I JUST got the ban FFS. I'm so pissed... I use the web app all day as I can't access the ps4 for more than 2 hours a day. Literally banning innocent people. Isn't this EA's thread, why do they never answer. Basically, we want clarity. I want them to prove to us that we got a ban. Innocent until proven guilty, or we can literally sue the company.

Message 8 of 13 (419 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

This unfair banning on PS4 is a huge problem. I got banned for doing nothing but using the web app legitimately after only two weeks of playing ultimate team on PS4. Yet on my PC account I've never confronted any issues at all since the beginning of fifa 19 and 20. It seems that they're going on a ruthless witch hunt to ban coin distributors and buyers on PS4 and they're carelessly taking down many innocent people along the way. It goes to show how cruelly they treat the people who make their game so profitable and successful.

Message 9 of 13 (388 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I cannot open UT because of there is an error when loading the captcha

Message 10 of 13 (370 Views)
Twitter Stream