Banned from Apex for trying to stop homophobia....

by zarkybear

Original Post

★ Novice

Yesterday i was banned from apex because in the chat i said "stop saying F*****"

A teammate of mine was straight up being homophobic and we non stop calling me the F word in voice chat. So i told him to stop saying it. Little did i know that trying to defend myself and trying to stop the homophobia would end up getting me banned. While I am sure this player is living his best homophobic life on apex. 

I figured well it was probably an automatic language detection ban and if EA sees that I am the victim here and was only trying to stop the behavior they will unban me. Well nope despite me trying to explain the situation to whomever handles disputes was not understanding and they decided I fully deserve my 1 week ban.

It has been suggested to me to contact the ACLU - American Civil Liberties Union.

I am making this post so EA can see that in context I was only trying to stop a toxic teammate and I should not be the one punished for it.

Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)

Re: Banned from Apex for trying to stop homophobia....

Hero (Retired)

Hey @zarkybear,

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Unfortunately we're unable to handle these cases here on the Forums.

All suspensions / bans are handled by the Terms of Service Team, on a case by case basis.

You can check out this link:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Hope this gets resolved for you.

- iluminate 

Re: Banned from Apex for trying to stop homophobia....

★ Novice

I am fully aware you can't help me on here. I have disputed the ban as I mentioned in my original post. I posted this for the people to see how absolutely wrong EA is for banning me for trying to stop homophobia. They have closed my case now after two "thorough investigations" but I do not think they understand the situation at all. I hope someone can do something because I do not deserve this ban. I don't know what EA's problem is but they have been a nightmare to work with from day one. 

Message 3 of 3 (139 Views)