Re: Banned from Apex for no reason, EA Help ignoring my request for information.

by PirataLeoparda

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned from Apex for no reason, EA Help ignoring my request for information.

★★★ Novice

So I'm sure that you've heard this story a hundred times over since the Apex anti-cheat is completely fine with flagging false positives, but here I am.

I haven't played apex for around four years now, and decided to download it again a few days ago since it is on steam now. I logged in, opened packs I left unopened, queued up and when it finds a game I am immediately kicked due to a ban...

I of course go to EA Help to appeal it but, as you see with the file attached below, my ban history is empty. So of course I go to email the support team and this is what I get:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about your account action.

We got your note and did a full investigation of your account. After reviewing your case, we determined that we took the correct action in accordance with EA policies and procedures.

What this means

We have confirmed that your account was involved in cheating. Because of this, we will not remove the sanction on your account.

You break our rules(https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service#section6) if you:
• use software that interferes with or disrupts an EA Service or another user’s account.
• use undocumented features, exploits or cheats in-game that disrupts an EA Service or another user’s account.
• use software or cheats that disconnects other users from the EA servers.

Any questions?
• Read up on how to play by the rules at https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/play-by-the-ea-rules/
• Review our full user agreement. This is what you agree to when you make an EA Account or use EA services: http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

As you can probably guess, I never did any of this, hell I don't even know how to do this.

So I submitted another email, this time asking for information as well... as you can probably guess they completely brushed me off saying:

Hello,

We have received your most recent correspondence expressing concerns about the action that was taken on your account.

After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we again found that we actioned your account correctly after it was found to have violated our User Agreement. We will also be unable to provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

Due to this violation, we will not remove the sanction that was applied to your account.

You can review the full User Agreement at http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

After completing two full investigations into your complaint, we consider this matter closed.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

At this point, I am quite agitated, since they completely ignored my request for information regarding my supposed offence.

So once again I sent an email, this time telling them specifically that I am not asking them to remove my ban, instead asking for information regarding it (reports on the supposed investigations, time and date of my supposed offence, the IP address my account connected from etc.)...

As you can probably guess since I am writing this post the incompetent employees at EA decided to reply like this:

Hello,

We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision.

Please do not expect further responses on this matter.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

So now, I'm really pissed. And I am calling to everyone who was unfairly banned. It's time for a riot, if any of you reading this are content creators of notable size I am asking you to spread the word.

I have done all I can, besides contacting EA support on twitter due to the utter incompetence of their email support team.

Also for the community representatives and EA officials that read this, this isn't a post for you, it's for the community.

Message 1 of 10 (1,692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned from Apex for no reason, EA Help ignoring my request for information.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Going to lock this thread as we do not allow discussions such as this here.

If you are banned then you can speak with our TOS team if you have any question relating to your ban.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,540 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@AndyKills457 

They typically don't release information for bans like these. 

This information could disclose:

• The program that was detected to be a cheat
  • The exploit used to gain an unfair advantage
  • Which exact program or connection was found to be DDOS'ing or using an exploit to kick users from games

This kind of information could be used to work against the detection, since you would be able to know the exact cause.

If they've decided to uphold the ban, then their decision is most likely permanent.

Do note that AHQ is not intended for discussing account bans, you could use other social platforms like Reddit or Discord to speak with other users, but I do not recommend using AHQ for this.

Not sure about this, though I also don't recommend making any threads that call to action

Message 2 of 10 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Novice
@XHelperZ That is the point though... if I could pinpoint exactly what program caused my account to be flagged I could prove my innocence.
Message 3 of 10 (1,655 Views)

@AndyKills457

Initially, all the "available information" relating to your ban would have been communicated to you via the email associated with your EA account.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 10 (1,650 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@XHelperZ so EA will not give him info on what program caused the bann? and as he sayd he dont have any that can do it - and he wasnt banned before....so how can we undestand all this - what is going on. EA can bann without any expanation?
Message 5 of 10 (1,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PirataLeopardaPretty much, yes.

Idk, maybe the anticheat detected something while I was alt-tabbing when joining a game, but I guess I'll never know...

Message 6 of 10 (1,638 Views)

★ Apprentice

They are required to by law to state the reason for a ban in most EU countries.

Message 7 of 10 (1,621 Views)

★ Apprentice

You can ban anyone for not upholding a TOS, but you have to substantiate that claim with actual proof, otherwise you are just unlawfully terminating contracts.

Message 8 of 10 (1,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@AndyKills457im always do alttab and i have alot of soft installed and runing. mb the case was vpn -  vpns r legal for EA????? -anway i think EA should tell him what was the problem - since he invested money and time in game! and they banned them forever.

Message 9 of 10 (1,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Going to lock this thread as we do not allow discussions such as this here.

If you are banned then you can speak with our TOS team if you have any question relating to your ban.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,541 Views)