Banned from Apex Legends for harassment

by Telperinquaar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned from Apex Legends for harassment

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

We want to notify you that we found your EA account to be in violation of our User Agreement.

After reviewing your account, we identified the following violation:

Apex Legends

Harassment - Sexual, Obscene or Vulgar

idiot"

noobs"

With this latest violation, we have suspended your account for 24 hours effective immediately.

Our penalty system is cumulative as the number of violations increase, so does the severity of the consequence. If you continue to violate our User Agreement, we will suspend your account for a minimum of 72 hours.

Can you help me am i permanently banner or only banned for 24 hours

[Admin - cleaned up formatting]

Message 1 of 12 (5,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned from Apex Legends for harassment

Community Manager

Hey there. 

I'm afraid that an account ban or suspension isn't something that we can help with here on Answers HQ. When you have a chance please reach out to the Terms of Service team so they can take a look. They would need to determine if the ban can be overturned. 

For more details on how to submit a case with them check out the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (5,553 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

noice

Message 2 of 12 (5,663 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Looks like the report system on pc is working 😂

On Xbox Microsoft is not doing anything for me lately. I know it because when they take action they send you a message.

Nobody can help you here on forum.

According to the email you are not banned.

Just wait 24 hours and then try to play.

Message 3 of 12 (5,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@TelperinquaarWith this latest violation, we have suspended your account for 24 hours effective immediately.

Honestly, you cant even read.... but you call other players idiot XDDDDD

Go back to fortnite and tell you'r teacher from school that you are bad at english and need help

Message 4 of 12 (5,638 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Telperinquaar Funny thing is 'Idiot' and 'noobs' aren't even either sexual or obscene or vulgar. I have called people idiot and noobs lots of time. Most of them are hot droppers(land and die), won't stick with the team, land in the most secluded corner of the map and play loot simulator, die and then ping banners for eternity, push without thinking, etc. You get the gist.
Message 5 of 12 (5,608 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Vollmilchnoob Maybe English isn't his first language and he can't understand, but knows small and useful words like 'Idiot' and 'noobs'. So you should quit being toxic and stop trolling for his bad English. If you can't say something positive, how about you shut up?
Message 6 of 12 (5,604 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

I'm afraid that an account ban or suspension isn't something that we can help with here on Answers HQ. When you have a chance please reach out to the Terms of Service team so they can take a look. They would need to determine if the ban can be overturned. 

For more details on how to submit a case with them check out the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 12 (5,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BaldWraithSimp

If someone calls me idiot or noob i report them :]
I never say anything even if my random teammates are bad.
Imagine hearing every day that you are an idiot by randoms.
We play games to have fun not to feel depressed after a gaming session.

Message 8 of 12 (5,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SpyrosFPS If you cant handle being called an idiot you are going to have a lot of problems in life, being this shielded from the reality of life is absurde.
People should be able to say what they want and how they want unless they actually are susceptible to harm someone (which it is unreasonable to think that you'd harm someone calling them an idiot, this is my opinion), this is how the world works outside of tv and some forms of internet, by way of LAW.
I do not understand how calling someone an idiot can warrant a ban for any period of time whatsoever:
You agree to TOS, but they are broad and opened to interpretation.
They mention harassment and vulgarity which are the only thing you could imagine (with a lot of imagination) that saying idiot could fall under.
How is calling someone an idiot vulgar ? it isn't even an insult or a bad word at all, me saying you're not intelligent is perfectly identical.
Imagine paying for cosmetics, any amount, and getting banned for saying something completely ok and non offensive, in any context, that's ok ?
Hell no, it's a form of contract abuse to me, because noone in their right mind would agree to this knowingly (I have stopped buying cosmetics since i realised this is how it works).
btw, I have seen toddlers calling on their moms for more reasonable things than being called an idiot.

All of the above points are my own opinions and engage only me, I put them forward here solely in order to hopefully generate a healthy conversation for the improvement of best practices at EA.
Have a nice day.
Message 9 of 12 (3,981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

EA why don t you ban people from game CHAT for the amount of time instead banning them from the entire game ... or censure the words that you don t like to be said, like wtf!! 

Message 10 of 12 (3,914 Views)