Re: Banned for not playing the game...

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for not playing the game...

★★★ Newbie

Long story short, i haven't played Apex for like 2 years now ... last night some friends were playing so i installed it on origin and tried to join them, but when i gopt into the loading screen of the match, i got a message saying that i got banned. I was i shock and didn't know what to say. Today i searched on my email i found one message from April 22nd that says "We noticed that your EA account broke EA’s gameplay rules." and "Because your account was cheating, we’ve permanently blocked your access to Apex Legends’ online features." ... the problem is I DIDN'T PLAY in april ... i didn't play apex for like 2 years ... nobody has access to my pc or account, so it's impossible for someone else to play with my credentials. How the hell i got that email when i didn't even got apex installed on my pc... i only got origin and steam installed as usual, but not the game. I really don't understand.

I filed my case already, but the problem is that you get to select the options, but you don't have a text field to actually say something and do a proper request. Weird thing is that my ban history is also empty ... So what now? With who should i talk now? Obviously will take weeks for someone to look into it but most likely will get a checkmark with "resolved" or whatever ... I really wanna talk to somebody about this, but i'm getting nothing.

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @EDUTzZz!

What you're mentioning here seems to indicate that someone else gained access to the account at some point in the past. A ban at that point would be intended to prevent them from continuing to have access to the account while you were not aware. 

I'd first check through these security steps to make sure the account has been secured, including a password reset to be safe.

I'm not showing any cases created from this account yet, so please be sure you've followed these steps to get an appeal sent up to our Terms of Service team. The ban history section on the account does not show all account actions, but you'll be able to create an appeal with the steps in that link regardless. They should be able to get this cleared up for you. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @EDUTzZz!

What you're mentioning here seems to indicate that someone else gained access to the account at some point in the past. A ban at that point would be intended to prevent them from continuing to have access to the account while you were not aware. 

I'd first check through these security steps to make sure the account has been secured, including a password reset to be safe.

I'm not showing any cases created from this account yet, so please be sure you've followed these steps to get an appeal sent up to our Terms of Service team. The ban history section on the account does not show all account actions, but you'll be able to create an appeal with the steps in that link regardless. They should be able to get this cleared up for you. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mako Meh, update ! My case is now missing, didn't recieve any emails about it being dismissed or whatsoever, i just filed another one, and still banned. This is the first platform that i know where you can't actualy make a ticket and talk to somebody. NOOOOO just click some buttons and wait for like 10 years to be resolved.
Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EDUTzZz,

I'm still not showing any cases created for this account. Are you creating those with the same account you're using to post on the forums?

You can also try reaching out to an advisor directly. While they cannot review an account ban in a chat or over the phone, they should be able to help get it to the ToS team as well. 

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)