Banned for no Reason

by BinkDeBook

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for no Reason

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay I'm at a loss.  Yesterday (4/9) I went to log in to play at like 3pm EST.  And it said I was banned.

I had no email that was banned. Etc.  So I opened a case asking why I was banned.

Today (4/10) at 5:41am I received an e-mail saying i was banned.  It just a generic boiler plate email..

It said only way to get unbanned is to go to the contact - which I did yesterday when I found out about it.

Seems kinda backward that I had to report I was banned, just to get the email saying I was banned.

So I did nothing to cause this.. But I'm going to be punished for it?

So I tried to go back to the case I had created to add more to the email...  And discuss some more.  And the contact page WON'T let me put any more information into it.. So I can't even have an open communication on the system?

It's not even like I think I was banned for no reason.  I know I was.. And I don't even know what thing they think I did to cause me to get banned.

I keep seeing around here that people are all complaining about the same type of thing.  Banning of accounts, not getting back to reviewing the issues, and then losing out on weeks of play time and such.

What get's me is I know I'm not a super good player.. I just play this for fun.  So why would I cheat?

Message 1 of 2 (151 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned for no Reason

Community Manager

Hi @BinkDeBook,

I'm afraid the forum staff aren't equipped to help with banned cases. It would be best to get in touch with the Terms of Service team by filling out the webform. 

If you have already followed the steps in this article, you've done the right thing and it's a matter of waiting to hear back from Terms of Service. Once they have received your case and completed their investigation into the ban, they'll reach out to you via email from this address: noreply@ea.com

Thanks.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

All Replies

Re: Banned for no Reason

Community Manager

Hi @BinkDeBook,

I'm afraid the forum staff aren't equipped to help with banned cases. It would be best to get in touch with the Terms of Service team by filling out the webform. 

If you have already followed the steps in this article, you've done the right thing and it's a matter of waiting to hear back from Terms of Service. Once they have received your case and completed their investigation into the ban, they'll reach out to you via email from this address: noreply@ea.com

Thanks.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)