Banned for going through my new display settings, while Apex Legends was open.

by Dripnose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for going through my new display settings, while Apex Legends was open.

★ Apprentice

So yesterday I bought a new monitor: "MSI OPTIX MAG241C." I was looking for the best settings for my new monitor to play Apex Legends on.

So I opened up Apex Legends and went into the settings on my monitor (red button on the back of my monitor).

I changed some things on my monitor and I think I got banned because I clicked the "Screen Assistance".

I was curious what this button did and after I turned this setting on and right after off and went into training mode, I got kicked out of the game. (just checking out all options of my monitor.)

Now everytime I open Apex Legends I can still get into the lobby screen, check my invetory and everything but after I press play (training mode, ranked, normal game mode & the halloween event) the game starts and right after I have to chose a legend I get the kicked to the start menu and it said: "The clien't game account has been banned: Banned." I didn't receive a any mail about the ban as about the case (72H max tho)

Or might there be another reason? I didn't do anything and I didn't mean to use the screen assist thing...

Please drop a comment if you have any idea, and like this post so EA can see it.

Message 1 of 5 (1,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned for going through my new display settings, while Apex Legends was ope

Hey @Dripnose !

You should have received an e-mail regarding the ban.

If you think this ban was applied to your account by mistake.
You can reach out to the Terms of Service Team to appeal this ban.

Click here to Contact the ToS Team

It's currently a bit chaotic on what could have caused this ban.
I would definitely don't use the Alt + F4 exploit anymore and also stay away from other programs than  

EAC - Whitelisted Software 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,365 Views)

All Replies

Re: Banned for going through my new display settings, while Apex Legends was ope

★ Pro
@Dripnose Heard there's a temporary ban if u leave ranked mode early.. Dont know about all this screen asstistance stuff.. Maybe contact ea moderator
Message 2 of 5 (1,399 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just saw the post.. Could be it lol https://twitter.com/DKo5/status/1186817011701039105

Message 3 of 5 (1,394 Views)

Hey @Dripnose !

You should have received an e-mail regarding the ban.

If you think this ban was applied to your account by mistake.
You can reach out to the Terms of Service Team to appeal this ban.

Click here to Contact the ToS Team

It's currently a bit chaotic on what could have caused this ban.
I would definitely don't use the Alt + F4 exploit anymore and also stay away from other programs than  

EAC - Whitelisted Software 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,366 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zeelmaekers I already sended them a mail and explained everything, I just thought that I should share it here to warn other people.
Message 5 of 5 (1,336 Views)