Re: Banned but innocent

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned but innocent

★★ Novice

I bought the game a week or so after Christmas, purchased two copies, one for me and one for my wife.  I would play maybe a couple hours at a time a couple nights a week after work.  I have never cheated or used any secondary programs with any online game and definitely nothing with battlefield V.  However I got an email about a week ago saying my account was flagged for cheating and that it was banned from multiplayer options.  At first I thought it was some scam email due to the strange address it came from, but when I got home and started up the game, sure enough, all I had access to was the single player campaign. 

I followed the directions on the email about how to dispute the decision as a mistake.  Filled out all the forms and started a case, just to get an email back saying that they did a full investigation and that they confirmed the findings and so my account qpild remain banned.  Now, the fact that I have never broken the games ToS or done anything close to cheating leads me to believe that these investigations are a joke.

I called the EA help line, or had them call me, and was disconnected 3 times while talking to representatives who were obviously outsourced and extremely hard to understand.  However after about an hour on the phone they told me my case was being escalated to the terms of service department.  One representative actually tried to transfer me there, ended up just putting me on hold for 15min then hanging up on me.  However now I have gotten another email saying after another investigation they confirmed their previous ruling and I am still banned.  

I want to emphasize again that I have never broken the rules in this game. And EA has refused to actually tell me what rules I broke, how i broke them, or even tell me how i was cheating.  The last email actually said, dont expect any further responses on this subject.  Like what the hell kind of customer service is that?  

I feel I have exhausted my channels through the joke that is EA customer service and will be writing a letter to the BBB underlying what I consider fraud by EA. If anyone has any better contact channels or ideas of how to prove my innocence, which seems really anti American, I would really appreciate them.  I was not even good at the game and had been playing for under a month

Message 1 of 12 (837 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Manerd32 , if you're account is compromised please contact EA Help asap so they can help fully resecure your account. On the ban front, please follow these steps in this EA Help article to dispute your banned EA account.     

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (727 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Manerd32 

Unfortunately, there is no other options than what you have already done.  We are just gamers here like you, so we cannot lift bans.  EA support is your only option.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 12 (817 Views)

★★ Novice

Also baned without resont just look my stats https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/dejance111/overview

Message 3 of 12 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Manerz32/overview

not far off from you... its really frustrating to be accused of something like this and have little to no actual recourse

Message 4 of 12 (798 Views)

★★ Novice

do you know how accurate the times are for the matches on that site?  There are multiple matches listed there that i was at work for and was def not playing, they also happen to be ones where i went 50 / 15 and one with 125% accuracy

Message 5 of 12 (784 Views)

★★ Novice

maybe is your acaunt hacked, my is not hacked bat this is shame i have 0,33 kill death ratio and get ban.

Message 6 of 12 (779 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Manerd32 

Im not entirely sure how accurate that site is with times, but if it is accurate and games are being played when you are not around, I would assume someone has gained access to your account.  If you dont have 2-factor authentication enabled, it is entirely possible.  I know first hand, as when I was living with my ex-GF at the time, I was sitting and playing Battlefield, she was in the kitchen washing dishes, and her account booted into Battlefront.  She came over and checked, and her region was switched to Russia, etc.  She quickly booted a game to kick them out, changed her password and enabled 2-factor authentication.  Never had a problem since.  I would advise adding 2-factor authentication to your current account and any other accounts you have, and not just Origin, but Steam, Bethesda, etc.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 7 of 12 (758 Views)

★★ Novice

After I got the first email I set up the 2 step.  But it obviously was not soon enough.  It's just pretty sad that I can investigate it and find out what happened but EA cant.  

Message 8 of 12 (747 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Manerd32 , if you're account is compromised please contact EA Help asap so they can help fully resecure your account. On the ban front, please follow these steps in this EA Help article to dispute your banned EA account.     

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 12 (728 Views)

★★ Novice
Already did all of that, still banned because ea help is a joke. Thei obviously dont actualiy conduct an investigation if I could fine out u was hacked this easily and they couldn't.
Message 10 of 12 (706 Views)