Re: Banned account after being hacked

by siriusdour

Original Post

Banned account after being hacked

★★ Novice

Hi. I need some help.

A while ago, my account had been hacked by a random russian (I think, it was all in russian when I logged back in). I recovery it, set a 2FA, changed password etc. 

After that, I downloaded Apex to play on Steam... Just to find that my account is banned. I've sent two tickets to EA support, like, two weeks ago and haven't heard from them since. 

I'd like to play Apex again but I can't. Any help? 

Message 1 of 14 (643 Views)

Community Manager

@MaatHatter 

If you have already appealed the ban, we will need you to wait for our response.

Ban appeals are taking longer than usual currently.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 14 (618 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem is that the support didn't responded my ticket about this. Can you look into it?

Message 3 of 14 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

i got same problem just today: in my club history i can see that somebody played during past night (a lot of top1 notification in club history)

yesterday i was about 66 lvl battlepas and ~5k points in ranked (plat IV) and now i am 70 lvl battlepas and ~8k in ranked (diamond III)

But my account is not banned yet. I wrote to support and waiting for answer.

P.S. i am russian but i have eng localisation on my client and when i logged in today it was also eng. But in club history i can see that i took FIRST in ... something-on-japan

on screen (attached) you can see when somebody started to play instead of me

Message 4 of 14 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

yey now my account banned as well

i hope they will return money that i spent on battlepas

any idea how to contact support? because i dont see any response in my ticket

Message 5 of 14 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That really sucks. Unfortunately the only method I aware of is the ticket support. 

And I'm still waiting a answer to my ticket.

Message 6 of 14 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me, very upset

Cant we just have a notification for logins using other IPs? I guess it s my fault for not having the 2 step verification but it s something I would never imagine, that someone is actually using my account and playing just for getting me banned? that s some silly stuff

I don't wanna miss the event I always get all the stuff by playing everyday, my account is over 2k hours and have a lot of stuff and badges that I earned with my own struggles this is so unfair and heartbreaking

Message 7 of 14 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

hmm this is strange: i still dont have any response from support but today i am able to play on my account

update: no. i was able to log-in, get to main menu, register to match, but when match started and before screen to pick character i got this notification about banned account

okay keep waiting Frown

Message 8 of 14 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry can we know why it s taking longer? feels like a lot of people were hacked and are trying to get their accounts back
Message 9 of 14 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So am I still waiting
For this world to stop hating?
Can't find a good reason
Can't find hope to believe in

more than week passed and no any results

as i understand i will miss newyears event

and probably will miss season 7 as well

Message 10 of 14 (448 Views)