Re: Ban

by Reckless1524

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why was I banned for my name in Apex?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Like i don't get it why can you be perma banned for user name that is not even harmful. Like i was just about to play apex and i saw that my account is baned/suspended so i open ea support to check and sure enough i was perma banned for name (and didn't even know at that moment that my name was a problem i thought that i was toxic and forgot about it so i check my email and see that my name is the problem) and you might be wandering what my name was to trigger this system it was just "sex" like how is it a bad word. I get it someone can think that it is bad word (but like you can googel it and most of the answers would be that it is not a bad word that it depends ona usage of this word) but c'mon perma like a month at best perma bans should be only for cheaters, account sharing and or like super toxic players and i think this example shows that this system should be changed. And i didn't even know that "sex" is on their bad word list no one knows so how should i know only people that know that are ea employees. And im not saying that i need to be unbanned now i just asking to change the length of ban coz making a new account is a bad thing to. And for the record yes i got suspended once for i think 3 days and ignore checking exact info why i got suspended and why i ignored it because i thought i was toxic and i made mantal note to not be toxic later but that didn't work because 5 days after getting banned i now know what the problem was because i don't play this game every day and don't check my email every day.

[CM - Edited title for clarity]

Message 1 of 9 (7,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Pyzka67

The EA staff who work on AHQ cannot help you with account-related issues, such as bans.

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, the only thing you can do is to dispute any action taken against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (7,684 Views)

All Replies

@Pyzka67

The EA staff who work on AHQ cannot help you with account-related issues, such as bans.

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, the only thing you can do is to dispute any action taken against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 2 of 9 (7,685 Views)

★★★ Novice
@OldTreeCreeper so the worst thing is that i was banned for cheating not for user name that i was accused for bruh multi bilion $ company as we can see they cant even chave a proper anty cheat system
Message 3 of 9 (7,652 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Pyzka67,

@OldTreeCreeper is another player like you, he won't know that information.

Honestly, no-one on Answers HQ, staff like myself included, will be able to look into the specifics of your ban. Our Terms of Service team can look into this for you if you send in an appeal using the information shared in the link above in @OldTreeCreeper's post. Please open that EA Help article and follow the advice in there.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 9 (7,642 Views)

★★ Novice
@Pyzka67 how is that a bad word lol, the very thing that is innate to all humans also its a 16+ game! EA are an absolute joke
Message 5 of 9 (6,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Pyzka67 I just got 3 day ban for “railing lines”. No warning or nothing like ea atleast let me know first before just doing that. And the only reason they did that was cause I was actually ranked in top 10 and they saw the name

Edit: Removed profanity. Per the Answers HQ rules, please keep your posts free of swearing. -CM

Message 6 of 9 (5,652 Views)

@LuuDaaLee 

@LuuDaaLee wrote:
 also its a 16+ game! EA are an absolute joke

You do know that your statement is not entirely accurate.

Depending on the country the game can be played without violating the ToS starting at age 13. 

Either way the OP chose a name that could be controversial, their choice.

The OP also chose not to read or react to e-mails sent to them, also their choice.

I believe that the OP's carless inaction is what lead to their situation and well that was their choice.

If I get mail from my bank I open it, do not want to have something happen to my bank account.

Same goes for EA if I get mail from EA regarding my account I open it.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 7 of 9 (5,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

that’s crazy

Edit: Removed profanity. Per the Answers HQ rules, please keep your posts free of swearing. -CM

Message 8 of 9 (4,732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is honestly the worst thing ive seen. Had a name thats not racist or anything and then get banned for 3 days because somebody cried about it.  

Message 9 of 9 (4,325 Views)