Bad ping, only on nhl21

by haupert369

Original Post

Bad ping, only on nhl21

★★★ Novice

Ever since the update the 6th or 7th it's been bad ping on eashl...

Basically showing me as a west connection..  65-95 ping when I live in ontario and am usually on a 18-30 ping. Internet has been fine, other games like cod and fifa have been fine. Just NHL 21 and just since last Sunday night, 7 days ago....

Xbox one. Wired connection. Just factory reset my modem and tried a hard reboot option I read about where you unplug system, modem and router then plug them back in as they turn on, still not helping. Any other options?? 

Competitive eashl like lg and esports is basically unplayable.

Message 1 of 47 (3,397 Views)

Re: Bad ping, only on nhl21

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue.   Normally 25-30 ping now every game is 60.   It’s getting frustrating 

Message 2 of 47 (3,362 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @haupert369 

Let's see if alternate DNS servers will help. From the Xbox One home screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

@Kaye980 

If you are playing on Xbox as well, try following those steps. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 47 (3,339 Views)

★ Apprentice

Im on PS4.    same steps?

Message 4 of 47 (3,336 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 5 of 47 (3,333 Views)

Community Manager

@Kaye980 

The PS4 steps are listed here. If you don't see a difference, try the Google DNS servers. Those are: Primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - Secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 47 (3,331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey man I’m having the same issue except for I’m playing on 75ms. Any other suggestions other then changing the dns?

Message 7 of 47 (3,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo   

Message 8 of 47 (3,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Too whom it may concern,

My ping has more then tripled in the past 2 weeks. I have played on 17-20 on east servers and for the last 5 years at least, and had that ping. Now every Qc game is 55-60 , Virginia will be about 65-70 central server is around 75-85. It’s almost unplayable and I can’t keep up with the 2-20 ping french monsters. 

I’m not sure if there’s an xbox issue or if it’s a 21 server issue. I’m leaning more towards it being an Xbox issue in general but I would really like to know what’s going on. I live just outside of Peterborough Ontario and I know a few around me having the same issue & this has came out of now where and hit us pretty hard, it’s getting to the point where I just want to stop playing competitively. I’ve heard a bunch of other guys and a few top players complaining aswell throughout the LGHL. I’ve also heard everyone in the Sudbury area has this issue. Please let me know if you guys or anyone has any idea what is happening.

Thanks , Lowkey

Message 9 of 47 (3,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It all started after the last update and I’ve heard many people with this issue. 

Message 10 of 47 (3,278 Views)