Bad_module_info

by Schranz1987

Original Post

Re: Bad_module_info

★ Guide
Coming back to you with an update:

Increasing vCore did nothing, unfortunately. I started increasing by increments of 0.05, ended up to 1.41 vCore. Game still crashed.

There is no way my CPU is not stable at those voltages, especially when I tested it on 1.34 vCore for about a month before playing any games. Just wanted to make sure if that's the issue here, but it's not.

But I've made another test. Since I'm using z390 board, I tested with the Intel turbo boost technology and the board's MCE (multi core enchancement). This is the factory overclock the board and the CPU provides for those of you who don't know.

I increased the maximum - 4.9 Mhz on the intel turbo boost (maximum mhz the I7 9700 comes with) - the game then crashed.

I lowered to 4.8 mhz - game crashed.

I lowered to 4.7 - game crashed.

I then revereted to the stock value, which is 4.6 - this is the stock overclock the board's MCE + intel turbo boost provide for my processor - and boom - no crashes.

So the conclusion here is that this kind of crash in not related to stability and increasing voltages (there is not way the automatic voltage on the board is not stable, since it always provide more voltage than the processor needs), but to CPU Mhz in some way. I'm not sure how is this related to the DirectX and the game engine itself, since I'm not a game developer, but the issue is 100% connected to the CPU. This could be also related to a windows update as well.

Nevertheless, this is an issue RESPAWN must fix, since I'm not getting those kind of crashes in other games.

I will monitor and let you know if I get any crashes with the stock OC.

Below is my spec:

Windows 10 latest update, 1809 build

i7 9700K

RTX 2080, drivers 419.35
Mobo: Z390 Aorus Elite
32GB Ram, 3200Mhz
Message 431 of 466 (1,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its been 1 month since im crashing every single game ! Standard smile 

Message 432 of 466 (1,334 Views)

★ Guide

Coming back to you with an update in this thread as well:

Increasing vCore did nothing, unfortunately. I started increasing by increments of 0.05, ended up to 1.41 vCore. Game still crashed. 

There is no way my CPU is not stable at those voltages, especially when I tested it on 1.34 vCore for about a month before playing any games. Just wanted to make sure if that's the issue here, but it's not.

But I've made another test. Since I'm using z390 board, I tested with the Intel turbo boost technology and the board's MCE (multi core enchancement). This is the factory overclock the board and the CPU provides for those of you who don't know.

I increased the maximum - 4.9 Mhz on the intel turbo boost (maximum mhz the I7 9700 comes with) - the game then crashed.

I lowered to 4.8 mhz - game crashed.

I lowered to 4.7 - game crashed.

I then revereted to the stock value, which is 4.6 - this is the stock overclock the board's MCE + intel turbo boost provide for my processor - and boom - no crashes.

So the conclusion here is that this kind of crash in not related to stability and increasing voltages (there is not way the automatic voltage on the board is not stable, since it always provide more voltage than the processor needs), but to CPU Mhz in some way. I'm not sure how is this related to the DirectX and the game engine itself, since I'm not a game developer, but the issue is 100% connected to the CPU. This could be also related to a windows update as well.

Nevertheless, this is an issue RESPAWN must fix, since I'm not getting those kind of crashes in other games.

I will monitor and let you know if I get any crashes with the stock OC.

Below is my spec:

Windows 10 latest update, 1809 build

i7 9700K

RTX 2080, drivers 419.35
Mobo: Z390 Aorus Elite
32GB Ram, 3200Mhz

Message 433 of 466 (1,332 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went into my bios and change the vcore higher. Haven't had a crash since. Though we shouldn't have to do this so a fix is really needed and before my 9900k melts the earth. 

Message 434 of 466 (1,286 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I used a couple changes that have helped me get rid of crashes either completely or at least toned them down drastically (gotta play for a few days to know for sure).

I was experiencing what I think were 2 different types of crashes.

One is where the game would freeze visually, you'd get a hiccup and then the audio would continue for a second and then crash.

The other was just the instant crash to desktop.  

I can't say for sure but ever since I implemented 2 fixes I haven't crashed yet from either and usually I was crashing very quickly within every 1-3 games and rarely did it get to 3.

To fix my first problem I disabled the windows error reporting that people on the last few pages in this thread have been suggesting.  I think that was tied to the hiccup and audio crash that I felt happened more often when audio was getting spammed in game, either by things like the supply ship or whatever else.

For my second fix I bumped my vcore up a little like people have suggested here.  I've never had issues with my overclock and usually followed the rule where once you find a stable voltage you increase your vcore on top of that by .01 just to be safe.  Well once I added another .005 I haven't had any CTD lol.  

Message 435 of 466 (1,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can confidently say that none of these fixes work permanently.

I have days where I barely crash and others where I crash so often the game is unplayable: crashing when dropping, after dropping, after wiping 1 squad, midway, when there are 3/4 squads left. Its 100% random. Over 100 hours in this game now since launch and I've crashed hundreds of times. I've tried all the bogus fixes out there: 

Nothing. Works. 

Everything is either a placebo or it seems to help for maybe a day or so and then the crashing starts again. I've tried it on multiple pc's with multiple configurations;

i5 4460/i5 6500 combined with r9 280x's: crashes 

i5 4460/i5 6500 combined with rx 580's: crashes

For the record, these are two completely seperate systems, I've tried 4 different rx 580 cards, all brand new out of the box, and every single of one them crashed like no tomorrow. 

It's a shame because this is by far the best shooter I've seen released in the past 5+ years. It has a few issues with netcode/hitdetection but they are quite minor compared to the relentless crashing. It simply sucks the fun out of this game, as it stands it isn't worth playing just because of how aggravating it is to crash this frequently.

To be honest I have never played a game that had crashing issues to this degree. Not even PUBG before it was called pubg(arma and its various battle royale mods) have ever been this unstable. 

Many of my friends have already stopped playing for no reason other than it just sucks to play a game and be booted by a crash so often. This isn't only AMD cards, there are a boatload of players out there with non-rtx nvidia cards that are still crashing, perhaps not to the degree that I am but nevertheless crashing. 

For now I'm done, I'll give it another shot a month or so from now, if it still hasn't been fixed by then onto the garbage pile it goes. 

Message 436 of 466 (1,062 Views)

★★ Guide

@YouBleedThisTime wrote:

I can confidently say that none of these fixes work permanently.

I have days where I barely crash and others where I crash so often the game is unplayable: crashing when dropping, after dropping, after wiping 1 squad, midway, when there are 3/4 squads left. Its 100% random. Over 100 hours in this game now since launch and I've crashed hundreds of times. I've tried all the bogus fixes out there: 

Nothing. Works. 

Everything is either a placebo or it seems to help for maybe a day or so and then the crashing starts again. I've tried it on multiple pc's with multiple configurations;

i5 4460/i5 6500 combined with r9 280x's: crashes 

i5 4460/i5 6500 combined with rx 580's: crashes

For the record, these are two completely seperate systems, I've tried 4 different rx 580 cards, all brand new out of the box, and every single of one them crashed like no tomorrow. 

I was also annoyed by trying out every possible fix just to eventually start crashing again. However after the cpu frequency/voltage adjustment my game didn't crash for 3 days with 140 FPS limit. As soon as I tried out my old cpu overclock it crashed in the first game, this can't be pure luck or a placebo.

As I can see your cpu's are not overclockable so you can't try adjust the frequency/voltage which might help you with the problem, just like you said the only thing you can do for now is wait until the devs fix it...

Message 437 of 466 (997 Views)

★ Guide

UPDATE!!! :

After about 12 hours of playing I can say I fixed it for good. The game doesn't crash when I'm on 4.6 Ghz (stock OC). Big thanks to a user in the other crashing guide thread for sharing the AVX info, I didn't know that the game uses avx2 instructions. The upcoming days I will test with an avx offset to see if I can manage to hit higher frequencies.
This is a game engine specific issue, which needs to be fixed, unfortunately.
I can now say 100% that this kind of crash is a CPU related issue. Took me a month to figure it out...
I can now finally play without crashes.

I really hope this can help some of you guys, but remember, crashes can happen due to the following reasons, in the following order:

CPU

GPU

RAM
Drivers

Windows Updates

This happens in situations like this one - specific coding in the game engine that leads to issues on user's different configurations.

This is related to every game, not only to Apex.

Cheers

Message 438 of 466 (964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I already had Windows Error Reporting disabled in my OS and unfortunately there is no solution to this problem yet. Some other people have also mentioned this in the game issues and feedback reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ayhnza/game_issues_and_feedback_megathread/. @Respawn devs could you please help? Thanks Standard smile

Message 439 of 466 (2,210 Views)

★ Guide
Try this guys. Helped a lot for me. I'm on a no-crash streak for over 50 games

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FIX-Stabilize-CTD-Random-Crash-to-Desktop/m-p/7662109
Message 440 of 466 (2,209 Views)