Bad_module_info

by Schranz1987

Original Post

Re: Bad_module_info

★★ Apprentice

just one more hint for this "solution". Stopping Windows error reporting for me looks like a workaround. Windows Error reporting stops applications to run if it can't gather the information tried to fetch. So the root cause of the problem must be somewhere else in APEX. But nvm I will try it  with disabled service, too Standard smile

Message 371 of 466 (1,041 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

can you let me know if it works thank you

Message 372 of 466 (1,014 Views)

★★ Apprentice

well 5 games no crash. try it out, you can enable it afterwards

Message 373 of 466 (998 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Agreed @Jojo90er
As I said earlier, there's clearly some underlying code issues causing this. But at least the game is now playable, for me at least.
Message 374 of 466 (987 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Idk if its was the solution but.. I switched from full screen to borderless... 4 Matches without crash.. Lucky maybe.
Message 375 of 466 (973 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Crashed on 2nd game using the first option :/

Message 376 of 466 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Thryfte 

This seems to work for me! thx a lot

EDIT: NOPE crashed today 3 times... f*** this

Message 377 of 466 (965 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sadly I just had a bad module info drop out after a round had finished. Frown
It seemed a bit different however.
A long freeze and some glitchy audio.
I did manage a good 5 or 6 hours today with only that crash.. Which compared to pre-workaround is a huge improvement.
I can only assume that the underlying problem can be enough to crash the game regardless, but is exasperated by WER bombing the system with thousands of buffer overflow reports, causing more frequent crashes when enabled.
I'm fairly convinced that we're narrowing in on what is causing this particular error, and hopefully the developers can home in on it and resolve the issue at its root rather than end users attempting every sticking plaster under the sun.
I'll play some more tomorrow and see if I can draw any more conclusions.

Message 378 of 466 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I to feel the pain of the crashes. It hurts we need an update to help. Can't go on much longer.

Message 379 of 466 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@X3rror wrote:

Just played another 10 games. Even got 2 wins!
Still no crashes..
I Don't want to jinx it.. But I think the Windows Error Reporting service might have been it... For me personally at least.

Over to respawn /EA  to look into why the WER events are being triggered en-masse. 

For those of you who aren't sure how to turn this off and see if It helps you, take a look here.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-do-i-disable-error-reporting-in-windows-2626074

I'd genuinely recommend you stick with the first method. 
Please don't go faffing about in the registry unless you are confident you know what's what.

I logged in just to confirm that this worked for me. I had the same error (bad_module) on Windows error logs. I'll keep testing, but I had no more crashes with WER disabled. Yesterday, before disabling it, I had 3 crashes, 2 in less than 1 hour.

Message 380 of 466 (1,191 Views)