Re: Bad_module_info

by LethalDF

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Still having this problem and my friend come on EA!!!! 

Message 401 of 466 (1,516 Views)

Community Manager

@PotatoPotahtoh wrote:
@X3rror thanks for giving it a go. I was away from my computer this weekend so I only got to troubleshoot a little bit this evening. I managed to get two more crashes logged with ProcMon and it is the same story as before. WER buffer overflow bomb. It starts with WER actually and then seems to spread to other operations as well. I wish I knew more about this stuff to investigate further, but hopefully this information will help the devs dig into the root cause.

Also just wanted to say thanks to @EA_Blueberry for being so patient and replying to so many folks here. A lot of pretty lousy things have been said by a few people in these threads and I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap!

@PotatoPotahtoh 

Thanks! I'm here in the trenches with you and trust me it's frustrating from my end to see so many of you in here trying all sorts of troubleshooting to try and get the game up and running. Shows real dedication and passion to play Apex Legends. We don't want to have you go through all of that so we're trying everything we can to get this addressed. There's been some exceptionally helpful details mentioned in here the team is using as part of their investigation and those that have been relaying some detailed workaround steps, thank you.

@_S7ORM-BRINGR 

Regarding overclocking, we do mention it in our Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide to consider not overclock. A user wrote out this detailed post that we forwarded along to the devs for investigation. We can't endorse the troubleshooting that user provided because adjusting voltage can be risky to your system if you're not familiar around doing that, but it's another example of a potential solution.

Blueberry.png
Message 402 of 466 (1,473 Views)

★ Apprentice

for me it seems like i can play longer with a new "method":

first repair the Anticheat tool in my Apex folder, after that, look for updates in Apex and repair the game.....

got me almost 2 games before crashing......with an bad_module_info

Message 403 of 466 (1,438 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for touching base.

I'm still investing money into this game even tho I'm constantly crashing. 
I think it goes without saying but 99.9% of these fixes don't actually work, and it's just people trying to do anything out of desperation and experiencing placebo's (which i understand)

So please don't let people take the developers down the wrong rabbit hole for finding an actual solution.

Message 404 of 466 (1,370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK, so, I've got a 2080 Ti and even on near max settings at 3440x1440 my FPS regularly hits the 144fps limit...

NOW... as mentioned by others I limited the game FPS in the launch settings to 100 and forced GSync on and haven't had a crash since.

As many others have stated, could be pure luck, but I'll update my post if I don't have any more crashes.

Thanks all.

Message 405 of 466 (1,337 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is what it seems to work for me...

1. set your refreshrate to 60Hz xD

2. In origin, property of apex and set the launch command option to: -refresh 60 -dev -console +fps_max 60

3. In game set Adaptative image resolution frequency to 60

Et Voilà

Hate to play in 60FPS, but still it seems to be a workaround until a hotfix come out.

Message 406 of 466 (1,246 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm just writing a report on the post I wrote yesterday click

Once again 0 crashes today since I put my bios settings to default (both cpu and ram).

Today I also reverted my GPU overclock and it still didn't crash, I didn't even set AntiCheat priority to low.

Tomorrow I will try to revert my (stable) CPU overclock and see what happens. Missed the post where one player said that Apex crashes when not enough voltage so I will also try that if it crashes and report once again.

Message 407 of 466 (1,200 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hey,
do you set 60 fps as a random mark or ist it because maybe your screen has 60Hz?
Message 408 of 466 (1,135 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@PotatoPotahtoh wrote:
@X3rrorthanks for giving it a go. I was away from my computer this weekend so I only got to troubleshoot a little bit this evening. I managed to get two more crashes logged with ProcMon and it is the same story as before. WER buffer overflow bomb. It starts with WER actually and then seems to spread to other operations as well. I wish I knew more about this stuff to investigate further, but hopefully this information will help the devs dig into the root cause.

Also just wanted to say thanks to @EA_Blueberry for being so patient and replying to so many folks here. A lot of pretty lousy things have been said by a few people in these threads and I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap!

@PotatoPotahtoh 

Thanks! I'm here in the trenches with you and trust me it's frustrating from my end to see so many of you in here trying all sorts of troubleshooting to try and get the game up and running. Shows real dedication and passion to play Apex Legends. We don't want to have you go through all of that so we're trying everything we can to get this addressed. There's been some exceptionally helpful details mentioned in here the team is using as part of their investigation and those that have been relaying some detailed workaround steps, thank you.

@_S7ORM-BRINGR 

Regarding overclocking, we do mention it in our Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide to consider not overclock. A user wrote out this detailed post that we forwarded along to the devs for investigation. We can't endorse the troubleshooting that user provided because adjusting voltage can be risky to your system if you're not familiar around doing that, but it's another example of a potential solution.

Hello,

I just wanted to let you guys that I fixed it! There's another post around here in the forum that is related to the voltage of the CPU. My whole build is overclocked and I was sure that everything was stable, but unfortunately the CPU needed a bit of a "push" Standard smile CPU was obviously on the edge of stability, I started increasing my Vcore (I use adaptive voltage) by 0.05 and finally it got stable with no crashes after 0.15 vCore increase. 

I hope this helps you, guys.

This is only related to people who are overclocking. If you still get crashes without any overclocks, my advice is to update bios to latest version, then reset bios to default settings, (no xmp profiles), don't overclock your GPU as well, then start playing. Also, update to latest .35 drivers.

If you still experience crashes, you need to test your hardware for defective or parts, start with your ram, and then move your way to your CPU and GPU. 
Instability issues are mainly cause by unstable system.

Message 409 of 466 (843 Views)

★★ Guide

@CroL0co wrote:

I'm just writing a report on the post I wrote yesterday click

Once again 0 crashes today since I put my bios settings to default (both cpu and ram).

Today I also reverted my GPU overclock and it still didn't crash, I didn't even set AntiCheat priority to low.

Tomorrow I will try to revert my (stable) CPU overclock and see what happens. Missed the post where one player said that Apex crashes when not enough voltage so I will also try that if it crashes and report once again.

Ok, I did some more testing and I with both my GPU and RAM overclocked I had 0 issues fro several hours.

However once I loaded my CPU overclock the game crashed in the first game. Today I will try to lower my cpu clock from 4.9ghz to 4.7ghz and leave the same voltage, that should be 100% stable in every single scenario and I will see what happens.

After the testing and reading through the post where teh guy fixed his issues with adding up some voltage I'm pretty sure the problem with the "bad module" error is somewhere with the CPU stability. If the overclock is stable for months in stress tests and other games, including games like battlefield 5 which put a much higher load on the cpu then apex does the problem can't be faulty or unstable hw, the problem is their own optimization. Also when the cpu crashes it usually causes a blue screen or the whole system freezes. 

Message 410 of 466 (1,121 Views)