Re: Bad_module_info

by X3rror

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@Jojo90er wrote:

@X3rror you the real MVP. Keep on testing <3.

I will try to disable WER only for APEX and for Radeon Settings  <----any possibility to do this? as I dont want to disable it complete Standard smile

@Jojo90er
It's not, afaik, possible to stop WER for a single process.
For the particular issue I have been suffering, the process is the actual game .exe rather than your graphics card drivers.
You shouldn't really see any negative effects disabling it, as it mostly deals with gathering and sending crash report data to Microsoft servers.
It's fairly simple to re-enable it afterwards if its something that worries you.

Message 381 of 466 (1,070 Views)

★★ Novice

So how I got apex not to crash after 4 weeks of constant crashes I felt like I was gonna quit the game. Did A LOT of reasearch, and this worked for me:
1.Disabled WER

2.In playback devices under sound disabled everything except my headphones, same for recording devices

3.In Origin library, right click apex-> game properties -> disable Origin in game, go under advanced launch options and put this command +fps_max 75
4.Open apex, go task manager, find EasyAntiCheat right click it go into details, find EAC again right click and put it on low priority

5.Go into services tab on task manager, press open services on the bottom, find EAC there, right click properties under recovery tab you have slide menus ''First failiure, second and subsequent'' put all of those on restart the service

6.Go into your apex folder on your drive, right click r5apex.exe ENABLE full screen optimizations(no check on the box)

7.In apex video settings put adaptive fps to 60 and play on full screen

30+ games no crash, before I was getting crashed every 2-3 games on random times.

Hope this works for you all, let me know how it went.

Message 382 of 466 (1,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right, so I've not had a single crash on my system... until this bad_module_info crash today.

The ONLY thing I changed in my computer recently was my graphics card.  This would rule out a problem with any other hardware.

So it relates directly to GPU and their drivers.

I went from SLI Titan X (Maxwell) to RTX 2080 Ti.

Game runs stable for most of the time, first of these crashes was this morning.

i7 6700K

16GB RAM

Asus Z170 Sabretooth MB

RTX 2080 Ti (latest drivers)

running at 3440x1440

Message 383 of 466 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yea i have a 2080ti trio and i only have problems on this game that it just freezes then crashes ive done about everything i can but i can play every other game without a problem and while in apex i get 150fps all the way to 900fps and it never drops below that so idk whats wrong with this game

Message 384 of 466 (998 Views)

Community Manager

@Thryfte wrote:

@EA_Blueberry @HeySupM8 I just had a full 2-3 hour session without a crash, even improving my graphic settings along the way.  What seems to have fixed it for me, after this Origin patch which may have something to do with it, was disabling Windows Audio Endpoint Builder in "Services" and enabling Windows Audio. Did that, didn't crash.  Odd.  Hopefully I continue to not crash.

CPU: AMD FX-6300

Glad you were able to fix it that way. If anyone else using an AMD FX series card this is the post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/AMD-Server-timeout-amp-crash-fix-fx-series/m-p/7534180#M2...

Blueberry.png
Message 385 of 466 (963 Views)

Community Manager

@GorillaIsTaken wrote:

Ok so the way I fixed it, if anyone wants to try and maybe have some luck, is closing every background program that I didn't need while playing (e.g. f.lux, SuperF4, Logitech Gaming Framework, Realtek HD Audio Manager), removed all overclocking from my GPU, set the priority for EasyAntiCheat.exe to low every time I launch the game, set all the graphics to the lowest value and run the game in borderless mode.

@GorillaIsTaken  Thanks for sharing! You're actually on an older Windows 10 build (16299) which is build 1709 which is surprising. We've seen some positive results when players are setting the Easy Anti-Cheat priority to low under services. Closing all background programs and not overclocking the GPU is something we recommended in the Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide as we frequently saw others minimize crashing after doing those steps. 

Blueberry.png
Message 386 of 466 (957 Views)

Re: Game Crashes when picking character, Dropping or randomly in a match

★★★ Novice

Dxdiag. Getting them random crashes

Message 387 of 466 (883 Views)

★ Apprentice

Attempt #1892

Disabled WER.

Crashed in less than 1 min ingame.

Message 388 of 466 (798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Disabling WER doesn't make a difference.

Pure luck/placebo.

Not found a fix yet, but I'm starting to get infuriated.  I just killed kill leader after several other kills.  Then game crashed.

Game before? Killed another 3 or 4 people... BOOM crash.

Getting absolutely sick of this.

Message 389 of 466 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yea disabling windows error didnt help, but also im not a amd user, my specs are a i7 8700k 2080ti trio but they did fix one issue with the update on the drivers but im still crashing about ever 3 games

Message 390 of 466 (1,084 Views)