Re: Bad_module_info

by KurtLyon

Original Post

★★★ Novice
ea dont care about this bug....it s unplayable.. 10 crash tonight, onyl this game crash on my computer and EA is silent about this bug....
Message 271 of 466 (1,717 Views)

Silent crash to desktop 80% of games with bad_module_info error in eventlog

★★ Novice

Running on a non-OC i5-3570k @3.40 GHz with R9 Fury 19.2.1 drivers.

Crashing at least 80% of the time with the following error:

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0xf98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4cfc4fa1550b0
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 10bab312-780f-4d60-a6f5-ddad0ce3d444
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 272 of 466 (809 Views)

★ Apprentice

I moved the game to my SSD (which also REMOVED all the things like admin mode, compatability mode, etc) and it felt good for a while, no crashes, I started crashing again but it's now only bad_module_info crashes again, so I actually think some of these 'fixes' people are recommending are junk and making these crashes worse for some of you guys, if bad_module_info for intel & amd can be fixed I'd have no crashes

Message 273 of 466 (1,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Alright, I am not certain this will work for everyone, but my friend, who has a 480, was crashing ALOT and could not play the game for more than 5 minutes without crashing and receiving this error. After we made these changes, he never crashed again tonight!

We did 3 things that seemed to fix it. Keep in mind: I am posting this right after we finished playing because I understand your frustrations and I am just trying to get some info out there if it helps you.

1. Set your refresh rate (this varies based on your monitor, so at your discretion) AND max fps with launch options. So something like:  -refresh 75 -dev -console +fps_max 0
    • Now I can't say that line will work 100% percent, but if it doesn't remove the fps_max command and input it manually in the developer console in the game. (Sorry if that seems cloogy, but I am speculating based on experience with Source Engine. Look up a video if that command doesn't function because this might be the most contributing factor in making this work and I am purely a layman.)
  2. We played on Brazil servers. (He swears this isn't a factor, but I am including it anyways in case it was.)
  3. There is speculation that as soon as you match-make, don't hit any button or key until you are landing and your POV has fully switched from Third-person to First-person. I saw a noticeable improvement in his game's longevity here, but it could have easily been coincidental as we only did this in 3 games.

Guys, I truly hope this works for you and you are able to enjoy the game. If anyone has any questions PM me or if it worked for you, RE-POST IT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(EDIT)

Upon getting more information about this from my previously affected friend and testing it with some other people that were experiencing similar problems, you need to LIMIT your max fps. Blueberry's post below is more accurate as to what you should attempt to do to remedy this. One thing to take note of is that you are limiting your frames, I do not reccomend that you guys limit your fps to 30. I would recommend that you measure your in-game fps and knock it down in 10% increments until it is stable.

---

ttv/MaverickOnPC

Message 274 of 466 (1,547 Views)

Community Manager

@MaverickonPC-TV wrote:

Alright, I am not certain this will work for everyone, but my friend, who has a 480, was crashing ALOT and could not play the game for more than 5 minutes without crashing and receiving this error. After we made these changes, he never crashed again tonight!

We did 3 things that seemed to fix it. Keep in mind: I am posting this right after we finished playing because I understand your frustrations and I am just trying to get some info out there if it helps you.

1. Set your refresh rate (this varies based on your monitor, so at your discretion) AND max fps with launch options. So something like:  -refresh 75 -dev -console +fps_max 0
    • Now I can't say that line will work 100% percent, but if it doesn't remove the fps_max command and input it manually in the developer console in the game. (Sorry if that seems cloogy, but I am speculating based on experience with Source Engine. Look up a video if that command doesn't function because this might be the most contributing factor in making this work and I am purely a layman.)
  2. We played on Brazil servers. (He swears this isn't a factor, but I am including it anyways in case it was.)
  3. There is speculation that as soon as you match-make, don't hit any button or key until you are landing and your POV has fully switched from Third-person to First-person. I saw a noticeable improvement in his game's longevity here, but it could have easily been coincidental as we only did this in 3 games.

Guys, I truly hope this works for you and you are able to enjoy the game. If anyone has any questions PM me or if it worked for you, RE-POST IT

---

ttv/MaverickOnPC

Thanks for sharing that, @MaverickonPC-TV 

A player in another discussion about crashes post this workaround that fixed the bad_module_info error for them.

Crashing with no error discussion: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crashing-without-error/m-p/7600584/highlight...

@Morlynes  wrote:

Hello everynyan.

I had bad module info all Apexlife. Every game is crashed. I tryed everything and don't help me. I gave up but then I decided to try this.

1. Disable second monitor by "Windows" + "P". Only main monitor. (i think it's not main problem).

2. Origin game setting: +fps_max 35. Change min settings in game(my settings is low-medium, I changed it after I tryed low settings) and turn off vsync.

(I don't know what exactly works out of these two points. I did all points)

And it works for me. you can up your +fpx_max to 25, 45, 60,80,100...I change it to 45.

+fps_max 60 doesn't work for me and i changed it to 45 again.

As I understand GPU must work lower 100% in my PC.

Now I can play 5-7 hours without crashes. I don't played longer.

I hope it can help someone.

Sorry for my English.

My PC specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro
CPU: Intel 3450 3.1Ghz
RAM: 6 GB 3DDR RAM

VIDEO: AMD HD 6970 2GB

Motherboard: MSI h61m-p31/w8

Thanks for attention.

Hope this helps alleviate some of the pain for those experiencing this. We don't have any updates to share right now on the status of this error but it's still being investigated.

Blueberry.png
Message 275 of 466 (1,510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello, I found few fixes for the crashes, hope this video helps ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dXKEb9TIk&feature=youtu.be

Message 276 of 466 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This is just a video of different 'fixes' already posted around here and in the main thread for crash 'fixes', and they don't fix anything for a lot of us

Message 277 of 466 (1,310 Views)

★★ Novice
nothing Frown
Message 278 of 466 (1,291 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's been two weeks since im crashing EVERY game with this bad module info error, need a fix ASAP. ..... Thats too frustrating im leaving this game soon

Message 279 of 466 (1,289 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I saw the comment from Blueberry mentioning dual monitors and decided to give it a go. I disabled my secondary screen and just played with the one; and, though I've only been able to play about 2 hours, those 2 hours were crash free.

I'm not calling it a fix by any means but could anyone conduct any testing in parallel with my own investigations? I'm somewhat dubious as I doubt only people who use dual monitor set ups are affected, but anything that lets me get in a game is welcome to me. The crash is incredibly random and difficult to replicate, so I reckon someone would need at least 12 hours of stable game time before calling anything a solution. I imagine the random aspect of these crashes is slowing down Respawn's investigations, too.

Thanks.

Message 280 of 466 (1,270 Views)