Re: Bad_module_info

by aHungryGamer

Original Post

Are you getting more crashes after update?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Ever since I started playing the game I've had a mixture of 3 different errors. If any folks at EA are reading I would prioritise looking into these if you're not already. Here's a live stream of popular streamers saying "crashing is a common thing". It's even worse because the crash happens whilst thousands of potential/current consumers are watching. Anyway, I get 3 types of errors.

• DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung
  • Bad_module_info error
  • freeze, crash to desktop without any error

the 417.71 drivers for Nvidia seem to be the most stable driver out of 3 drivers I tested (418, 417.01 drivers). Before yesterdays update, with the 417.71 driver I still suffered from crashes, although it would crash for ~2 games in a row, then I could play 5 or even 6 games in a row without any hitches. The pattern was inconsistent but it sort of worked.

My main question is, since the new update the occurred yesterday, has anyone else been experiencing more crashes then usual?

Today I played 10 games, 6 of which I crashed.

Message 141 of 466 (2,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Crashing every other game with bad-module error and some random other errors(dxgi_error_device_hung)as well with other messages.

bad_module_info
   unknown
   14f0
   01d4c4b96d90ccde
   bad_module_info
   unknown
   bb999126-7d12-4c12-af18-85f4957fbd57

Message 142 of 466 (2,492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the bad_module_info error in EventLog. Game crashes 10 seconds after jump.

Message 143 of 466 (2,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I got my game to work for 6 games in a row without a crash after crashing every other game. I dont know if it just random luck and i have had it before that i could play a couple games in a row but maybe this might help some.

I had my i52500k overclocked, which was stable in any other game btw and turned it down a bit. Its still OC but less.

I also turned down texture streaming from 4 to 3GB of Vram. I am using a RTX2060 6GB

Again i haven't played enough to say if it actually did anything but at least i was able to play 6 games in a row yesterday without a crash after before crashing every other game and sometimes every game. Ill play later today and update this post if its holds or starts crashing again.

Message 144 of 466 (2,329 Views)

Apex Crashing On New PC Build

★★ Novice

Figured I would contribute to the pile here. My computer seems to be having a few different issues with Apex, sometimes the game will run stable for a little while and other times I can't make it to character selection. However, the game will at least start and put me in the lobby.

I've attached system info in this post but my basic setup list is:

Windows 10 (1809 w/ latest update)

AMD Ryzen 2700x (NOT OC'D)

X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi

AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G (NOT OC'D)

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3600 XMP

250 GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 (Boot Drive)

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (Apex Drive)

1080p 144hz monitor (non g-sync)

Performance wise, if I can get the game to run it will play beautifully at max settings and v-sync disabled for stability purposes.

However, as I mentioned the game will only choose to run on certain occasions. It's almost as if it's picking and choosing when it wants to let me play?

For example, I just booted today and couldn't even get into character selection. This is after playing a full match last night and making no changes from then til morning.

Is there an error log file I can attach that someone could look at to help me get a better idea of what's going on?

Message 145 of 466 (1,746 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is my daily check in! Have there been more official updates or fixes to this? Any Infopages i can bookmark?  ..... i read around 37 different supposed "fixes" by players that then had to paddle back - still not fixed the issue. Low grafic settings are not solving or changing this for me; crashing in my 6th game of the day or the 1st and every other... it still appears all random to me.

#119 was the most promising response i read out of all this. I hope this can be adressed very soon. Nothing more frustrating than getting kicked near the end of a game.

Message 146 of 466 (2,269 Views)

★ Apprentice
nope, I'm still crashing every few games and I've tried many fixes, I DID have bad_module_info but that's no longer appearing since the update, but I am still crashing, I think we just have to wait for updates for this
Message 147 of 466 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Changing game language and letting the repair and additional download finish didn't do anything as someone from EA team suggested (Polish language was his suggestion). It didn't help me but still might help someone if they haven't tried it yet.

My game is crashing as soon as I pick up a weapon with the error in the Event Viewer. I can play full games with no weapons however using grenades and medkits.
Message 148 of 466 (2,244 Views)

★★★ Novice
I feel like I'm punishing my team for playing.
Message 149 of 466 (2,239 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Probably random luck Ch3v4l13r - loads of people jump up and claim they've fixed it after a few games in a row, the the reality is sometimes I can go 15-20 games in a row just fine and other days it will crash every game.

Message 150 of 466 (2,214 Views)