Re: Bad_module_info

by Zero3ffect

Original Post

Apex Legends - Crash on Startup or Bad_module fix

★★ Novice

I was myself experiencing a crash on startup with no error message, interrogation of the error logs and assistance from Xane at EA support, highlighted the issue was in reference to a 2d Texture error and bad_module. I presume this is in relation to the graphical nature of the main menu of the game once loaded.

A solution to the problem was to change the "r5apex" launcher in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex" to "Disable fullscreen optimisations" i found that this setting against either the origin launcher or the easyanticheat launcher did not yield any results.

To do this,

-Navigate to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex folder, (Or wherever you may have installed the game).

-Locate the "r5apex" application exe.

-Right click on the aforementioned file and go to "Properties".

-Click on the "Compatibility" tab at the top.

-Towards the bottom of the form set "Disable Fullscreen Optimisations" to TRUE, (With a tick).

This may launch your game in a windowed format, you can change this once you've launched.

I hope this helps someone out there. 

Rusty out Wink

Message 121 of 466 (12,484 Views)

Bad_Module_Info Error

★★★ Newbie

So, When I try to play Apex, I have the game set on window mode. I try and resolve the issue by putting it on fullscreen. BUT! When I apply changes, It just crashes! The message I get is "Bad_Module_Info" And it proceeds to shutdown the game. Please get this upvoteded, I want developers or some brainiac to help me with the issue.

My specs are GTX 1050, DDR4 12GB Ram, Intel core I7-7400

Message 122 of 466 (12,430 Views)

Game Freeze & Crash! - Maybe a solution

★ Apprentice

The only solution I have is capping my frames to 60.

Right-click Apex Legends on origin, click advanced launch options and copy this +fps_max 60

I haven't crashed using this but really effects the performance a lot.

Fix this please!

CPU: AMD FX 6300

GPU: AMD R9 270X Sapphire 2GB

Message 123 of 466 (12,433 Views)

CTD with no error message

★ Novice

This time it happeend about halfway through a Wraith portal as Bloodhound. Log:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2/13/2019 8:17:14 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Austin-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x3cc4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c400c821d92b
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 217417ac-eb03-4ddf-adf3-f1d395da446d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-02-14T02:17:14.315695800Z" />
<EventRecordID>23052</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Austin-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>bad_module_info</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>unknown</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>0000000000000000</Data>
<Data>3cc4</Data>
<Data>01d4c400c821d92b</Data>
<Data>bad_module_info</Data>
<Data>unknown</Data>
<Data>217417ac-eb03-4ddf-adf3-f1d395da446d</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Message 124 of 466 (12,414 Views)

Re: Bad_module_info

★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure that this problem will only be fixed by Respawn.  I don't know what causes it but bad_module_info was a common crashing problem back in the early access days of PUBG.  It did eventually get fixed in a future patch although maybe 2 patches ago the problem came back but was resolved in the following patch.  Pretty much anyone telling you that something will stop the bad_module_info crashes from happening is wrong.  No one but the developers ever fixed the problem PUBG had.

Message 125 of 466 (12,501 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Another potential fix for the non-"bad_module_info" CTD:

https://www.itexperience.net/2018/12/02/event-id-10016-fix-the-application-specific-permission-setti...

Played six or seven games without a crash so far. Before I was getting a crash every half-game.

This fix only applies to your case if you see this error in the Event Viewer.

Message 126 of 466 (13,251 Views)

error bad_module_info HELP

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

does anyone know how to solve this prolem? i already try to update anything (bios, software, hardware, windows)  i get out of the game very often

radeon rx 580 4gb

16 gb ram

core i5 7500

Message 127 of 466 (13,014 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

If you're getting crashes WITHOUT the Bad Module Info Event in Event Viewer, try this:

Open up SERVICES.MSC, scroll down to EasyAntiCheat.  Right click, select Properties, click the Recovery tab.

Look for the boxes that say First, Second, and Subsequent Failures.  Click the box next to them, pick "Restart the Service" for all of them.

Apply, save, close.

It worked for me, I'm hoping it'll work for other people as well.  Let us know if it resolves the issues!

Message 128 of 466 (13,144 Views)

Cause and explanation of the "Bad_Module_Info" crash.

★ Apprentice

This is from a post in the official Apex Legends support discord by TheLumination.

• "Bad_Module_Info is a part of the Windows Error Reporting process. It's failure is on Windows 10. Particularly more accurate that it is a part of the Creators update and mean to help with using GPU intensive tasks in an optimized way. This is not to say it doesn't have short comings. The reason it's happening is due to a few things:

• First x86 or 32 bit and 64 bit rendering is different. DX11 doesn't quite get this right sometimes and hence will fault/error. Usually in a non intrusive way: ie Check your error log for application information with bad_module_info.

• Second: Windows Error reporting takes all errors and commits them to memory and compiles the dump of the errors. Since this fault lies with the application and rendering process(The Engine/GPU/Memory). The dump isn't able to compile all the commits. The information faults/errors are coming from Memory. The Red errors are coming from gpu driver dumps.

• So why does all this matter. Basically... Windows Error Reporting is having issues with Origin running 64 overlaying to the windows desktop with it's friends and invites etc. When that graphically causes a fault... which it is known to do. The GPU compensates and Windows attempts to render committing to memory an action. This results in a bad_module_info dump to the Error reporting service. Since the service handles that it takes it and reads that most info it needs is null and pretends like it's an Information result. However, this little tick of time that it takes to prioritize and figure that all out is enough for the Reporting service to forget 32/64 bit error handling and causes the memory commit to fail. Causing a full crash. Thus you have the weird world of Bad_Module_Info"

• "Also the behavior seems to be that you will see a few bad_module_info's around the time friends and stuff come online or offline etc. But won't always commit a failure to the application. This crash is happening after you start a game when the most graphical renders are happening to the system. Thus the error reporting is getting stuffed like a turkey on thanksgiving causing it to break. Some slower systems will have issues later in the game and cause a crash. When the server is doing cleanup on the outiside of the circle and de-rendering things that can crash too"

• "Windows 7 received a similar update to creators and I don't know the specifics of that. I was going to revert to 1703 but due to development needs I have to be on current. Best answer is I can't answer that question specifically. This took about 6 custom programs to track down. My best advice to respawn is just to detect windows version and change the way renders are committed. It's a Source engine game and it should be able to slow it down a bit or consolidate then clear it's commits to memory before the game starts requiring on demand renders causing the crash"

Hope this helps someone and if this is infact the case, we need to get this to Respawn.

Lastly, I am personally affected by the "Memory could not be read..." error, if you have any solutions please post them here.

Message 129 of 466 (13,004 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Freezing and Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@arock0627 wrote:

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

If you're getting crashes WITHOUT the Bad Module Info Event in Event Viewer, try this:

Open up SERVICES.MSC, scroll down to EasyAntiCheat.  Right click, select Properties, click the Recovery tab.

Look for the boxes that say First, Second, and Subsequent Failures.  Click the box next to them, pick "Restart the Service" for all of them.

Apply, save, close.

It worked for me, I'm hoping it'll work for other people as well.  Let us know if it resolves the issues!

Going to try this out! Doesn't happen to me as often as it seems to be happening to others, but if it does work, I will let y'all know on here. Standard smile

Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 130 of 466 (12,888 Views)