by denimz01

Original Post

Game Crash at start of race "Experimental"

★★★ Newbie

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Game Crashes at start of Story Mission "Experimental" only
What car were you using? Nissan 180SX
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Chasing the Law
Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start race experimental. Crashes in first 10 seconds of race.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes to Windows
What do you expect to see? Nothing but crash.

Game crashes at start of Mission Race "Experimental" I have followed all online posts for fixing crashing, stuttering and FPS drop. Game does not crash in any other race. 

Message 31 of 45 (731 Views)

Re: freezing during night races

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having similar problems played with the corvet dlc car that cannot be costumized by looks played it until i was lvl 35 then i choosed another car, painted it put decals on it and now the game randonmmly is freezing then its crashing to desktop  this is extremely weird.

Message 32 of 45 (793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had same issues. Would freeze and crash at the same spot 100% time with my 1996 MX-5. For me the problem seemed to be too many decals. Removing all decals and restarting the game fixed it for me. Played for like 8 hours avoiding too complicated liveries and everything seems to work fine.

Message 33 of 45 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@seth999666 I'm having the problem too but on xbox
Message 34 of 45 (755 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@seth999666 Try turning off Ambient Occlusion, my friend fixed it like that..
Message 35 of 45 (732 Views)

CTD races

★★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Several races is bugged in game breaking ways. They will literally cause a CTD every single time you start the race within 10 seconds of driving. Examples is Voyager and Top Thrill both crash within the first 50 meters, there is others as well, but i don't recall the names.
What car were you using? Nissan 180SX, BMW M3 (starter)
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Top Thrill
Was it a day or a night event? Night Event
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play those races.
What happens when the bug occurs? CTD
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a race that is functional.

Several races is bugged in game breaking ways. They will literally cause a CTD every single time you start the race within 10 seconds of driving.
Examples is Voyager and Top Thrill both crash within the first 50 meters, there is others as well, but i don't recall the names.
This specific bug is all over your forums, on reddit, it's everywhere. Hundreds of people is complaining about it. It needs a fix, asap.
It's really not fun to have heat level 5, 1 mil rep on the counter and hit a CTD race that makes you lose literally everything.

Message 36 of 45 (724 Views)

(PC) Can't do any races without the game crashing

★★ Novice

The game will crash probably 70-80% of the time I do a race, any race day or night. If it doesn't crash on the first race it will crash on the second. I've tried looking in the game files for error logs of any sort but couldn't find any, so I can't really give too much information about the crash. People are saying it can be because of customisation but I've had the same car for almost all of my races, it does have a fair amount of decals on it but not anywhere near the maximum and its nothing crazy. I'd just like to report this issue as being something that is happening to at least some of the PC players, it might be due to my specs (doubtful) but I will post here irregardless. 

i5 4690k clocked to 4ghz
16gb of corsair vengeance RAM
nvidia gtx 1060
WD Black 2TB hdd
Samsung 250GB SSD

Message 37 of 45 (718 Views)

Re: (PC) Can't do any races without the game crashing

★★★ Novice

4th crash/freeze like this today. I can't play anything and I just waste time trying to do a damn race. Please fix it already, been like this for days.

Spoiler

Message 38 of 45 (660 Views)

Re: (PC) Can't do any races without the game crashing

★★★★★ Apprentice

There support is terrible atm.

Message 39 of 45 (617 Views)

Re: [BUG] Freeze during races

★★ Novice

I did this and it really help me 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPySEwPEmLE&t=166s

the freeze nearly unvisiblba after this.

Message 40 of 45 (598 Views)