Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BSOD trying to play Anthem, everytime

by FauxOperator

Original Post

Re: BSOD trying to play Anthem, everytime

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Had the same problems. I've tried 4 play sessions and BSOD each time. First 3 were in expeditions (about 10 mins in), the last one was just after double clicking the icon to start the game.

Have gotten 2 codes. First was a clock watchdog timeout, the last 3 have been whea uncorrectable error. This was running at 1080p and all settings on Low.

Win 8.1

I7 4790K

780ti

32gb ram

Message 11 of 80 (1,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

crashing to BSOD aswell.. :/ Reports different codes, but one of them was driver issues.

My setup:

CPU: I7 8700K

GPU: GeForce 1080 TI

Ram: DDR4 32GB

Windows 10 64Bit latest patches.

GeForce Driver: 417.71 (latest)

It crashes just a few seconds or min in to a mission.

I have deactivated motion blur, changed to full screen, reduced FPS, changed graphics to lowest possible, but i still crash my pc with BSOD when trying to try the game out.

Frown So sad, was hoping to test it out and see if it was worth investing in.. hope there will be a nother chance for me to test, since next weekend is not really possible for me... 

I have looked at my drivers, and nothing that lacks updating.. it seems like it's either eating up to many resources, or something.. don't think it's heat since i run watercooled on CPU and GPU with good room to keep cool.

Message 12 of 80 (1,917 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Caligo_dk I noticed you have a 8700K .. is it running MCE on in bios or you running at stock settings.. is it overclocked? id put money its a voltage issue. I know for a fact mine had issues running at stock speeds with stock voltages with my 8700k. Just update bios to latest version and let me know if that helps.
Message 13 of 80 (1,909 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I've actually just updated my Bios to latest versin about two weeks back.
It reset my OC and deleted my OC saves so I have not OC'ed a new on it, so it is currently running stock speed on latest Bios.
Motherboard is a: RoG Maximus X Hero.
Running Bios Version 1801.

So what have you changed your voltages too on stock speed?
May try and see if that helps.. otherwise I should maybe use my evening OC'ing a bit.
Message 14 of 80 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I log into the instance and blue screen within 3 minutes. 

The stop codes varied and were the same listed above.

It's a shame I couldn't get to enjoy the demo. Now I'm not sure if I want to purchase the full game.

Message 15 of 80 (1,884 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same here. Try to play Anthem demo today. BSOD all the time. 

Message 16 of 80 (1,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Too bad I can't play it and test it. I will not buy it under these circumstances. Otherwise I would spend a lot of money and would be annoyed if it doesn't work. Good that I could test the game. I stay with my beloved Destiny.

Message 17 of 80 (1,798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Fataga2017 wrote:

Too bad I can't play it and test it. I will not buy it under these circumstances. Otherwise I would spend a lot of money and would be annoyed if it doesn't work. Good that I could test the game. I stay with my beloved Destiny.

Yeah  same with me. The 10 min I got to play was fun  but if it's going to hard crash all the time I won't waste my money  

Message 18 of 80 (1,793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have an RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, and an i7-8700K.

BSOD Error Messages I’ve recieved:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Message 19 of 80 (1,706 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Anthem continually crashes on startup + mid-game and gives me BSOD's.

I have an RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, and an i7-8700K.

BSOD Error Messages I’ve recieved:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Message 20 of 80 (1,704 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help