★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Loading into the game - anywhere from after the EA / Frostbite logo .. to after connecting to the servers to load into the main game.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.01.19 10:00EST
Summarize your bug I finished the first expedition with a friend of mine. We went to start a second expedition, and while loading, my computer got a BSOD. (This has never happened since I have built it). Then, every time after, anytime I try loading into the game, I get a BSOD. I've tried doing a "Repair" through Origin, still BSOD. Even Uninstalled and Reinstalled, still a BSOD. This is the only game this happens. What is up? Updated my graphics drivers as well. I am using an i7 8700K
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't even know?! My buddies play the game fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Blue Screen!
What should be happening instead? I should be able to play the game, and it shouldn't crash my computer.

Please help

Message 1 of 80 (4,246 Views)

Re: BSOD trying to play Anthem, everytime

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue, each time i access the in-game settings, and tweaking something, whether its monitor 1 or 2. Mouse sensitivity. Windows BSOD. LMAO
Message 2 of 80 (4,228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep.

On the same page here.

First run in the game i got to start flying the javelin then bsod.

Now i cant run the game for longer than 3 mins before a bsod.

Top stuff

Win 10

1080ti

16 gig ram

No prior bsod's 

Message 3 of 80 (4,217 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Even worst for me, I don't get a BSOD

Message 4 of 80 (4,207 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also got this. Do you know what the BSOD message was? I had the something about the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR, whatever that means

Message 5 of 80 (4,116 Views)

Community Manager

Hello everyone,

When you get the BSOD, do you happen to know what STOP code you get? This can help us track down what may be causing the crash.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Arrenai Cat

Message 6 of 80 (4,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Id put my money on CPU stability issue. If you run Hardware monitor (google HWmonitor) and watch your temp and load during gameplay u will see whats happening.  Im suprised more computers dont BSOD during load screens.  During load screens watch the FPS counter (to turn on look in Origin settings) .. its like 1000-2000+ fps which puts a massive strain on the CPU causing it to heat up very quickly and to demand alot of voltage.  In some cases with a poor CPU cooler you will hit TJ Max causing the CPU to throttle or crash all together. Also, with so much load your CPU might not have enough voltage to be stable which causes it to BSOD.  My 2 cents.

Message 7 of 80 (4,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat, immediate computer reboot without a BSOD every time.  No other game has given me this issue, and a game like Mass Effect andromeda with the same engine ran just fine in the past.

Message 8 of 80 (4,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice
same here i can look at settings, but when i clink enter the computer reboots
Message 9 of 80 (3,991 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey there.

I have been recording all of my stop codes and following through with client side fixes and they always fall back to game as the cause.

So mine in order were

page fault in non paged area 

Driver irql not less or equal

Kernel security check failure.

Then finaly a bsod with no text for description came and i gave up trying to fix the occurring codes.

Also dropped the graphics settings to as low as they could get and im sitting at my normal idle system temps for hard usage.

Message 10 of 80 (3,986 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help