Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: BSOD trying to play Anthem, everytime

by Norko85

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

So i went over the whole topic (Most people are using a Intel K CPU), there are some BSOD error codes. Which indicate the system is not stable. Try running in default clock speeds and this also means disabling XMP.

The game in the current state uses a lot of CPU.(50-60% on my Ryzen 1600) When i was overclocking my Ryzen 1600 (And memory). I had a lot of BSOD. most of them because of overclocking. Yes, some overclocks were stable in Windows and most games. But then if there was a game which was CPU or memory heavy. it gave a random BSOD. 

Message 51 of 80 (502 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Set my 8700K back to standard speed from the 5Ghz I had it overclocked to.

I will see how that fairs and will report back in a few days if I get no new BSOD's.

Very strange though that I went from roughly 10 hours with ~2 random BSOD's, to 3 back-to-back with nothing changed.
Message 52 of 80 (494 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I can confirm the workaround with forcing vsync over nvidia control panel was only temporary for me as well.

Having played 5 hours without interuptions, the bsods are back now.

I´m on a 4790k / 1080ti system, I will try switching of the turbo mode of my processor as well.

Edit: Seems like disabling the CPU´s Turbo mode in the bios worked for me, will report back.

Edit 2: I can confirm now that disabling the turbo mode on my cpu has worked for me. Not a single crash for 15 hours of gameplay.

Message 53 of 80 (485 Views)

★ Apprentice

Overclocking is irrelevant to the issue, I've been crashing since alpha whether I'm OC'ing or not.

Message 54 of 80 (409 Views)

★★★★ Novice
As much as I don't like this solution, given that my OC was stable since forever, I must report that updating my bios, which reset OC values to default, has worked for me. I just wish I could get back the 3h I spent crashing, since I'm on orgin access basic...
Message 55 of 80 (382 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I actually updated my bios, was working for about 4 hours, then boom same bsod's as normal. Nothing seems to fix this. Ive contacted support and the answers they give me are ridiculous. They dont have a fix.
Message 56 of 80 (353 Views)

★ Apprentice

Don't bother with support, they don't know what they're doing, they're just gonna run through their script until they can get rid of you. Support insisted that I have a hardware problem, but all tests I ran at their request show my hardware is fine. This is also the only game I have this issue with. Would be really nice if devs would at least acknowledge one of these threads.

Message 57 of 80 (347 Views)

★ Apprentice

bump

Message 58 of 80 (331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Decided to mess with my cpu overclock a bit after disabling it at the suggestion of support, and on the bright side, my entire system is no longer locking up and crashing, but the game is now just randomly crashing to desk top with no warning at seemingly random times. Any chance I can get on payroll for QA? I think I've spent more of the past week working on trouble shooting this game than I have on my actual work...

Message 59 of 80 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Would I turn off the ryzen auto boost? As well as the ram XMP settings?

@RocketSurgeon314

Message 60 of 80 (270 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help