Re: BSOD during BF V Game

by DanTheHunterMan

Original Post

BSOD during BF V Game

★ Guide

Started up the game twice today. Both times I ended up getting windows BSOD.

I was playing the single player, then multiplayer.

Other games, BF4, BF1 not freezing at all, nor other games like WoW, Warframe, Division, etc.

Granted I didn't update to latest WHQL however I only use DX11 right now, nothing fancy settings. Game runs around 70-100 fps, almost everything ultra.

Guess I try a bit later when you update the game.

Looks great, feels great, plays great though. Standard smile

Message 1 of 11 (1,348 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @_4OP3_!

To help us track down what's causing your crashes, could you please supply your DxDiag?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Arrenai Cat

Message 2 of 11 (1,339 Views)

★ Guide

Sure Arrenai. Attached my freshly baked dxdiag.

Message 3 of 11 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think you are the only one. I think a lot of people are experiencing the same thing.

To give you an idea of the spec of machines that are also suffering, my specs are as follows :

i9 9900k

32gb Corsair 3000mhz RAM

Samsung 500gb m.2

Samsung 1 TB SSD

Nvidia RTX 2080Ti FE

I am BSOD from 5-25 minutes of game play on conquest. No other game does this including new games like BO4, and this is on a fresh OS build.

I am going to double check all my RAM is seated correctly tomorrow and check temps but it should be fine its been running everything else absolutely flawlessly.

Message 4 of 11 (1,325 Views)

Hello @_4OP3_,

Aside from the Windows version not being the latest (you're running April 2018, latest is October 2018), I'm not seeing anything on first glance that is out of place.

For @_4OP3_ and @DanTheHunterMan, are either of you getting any specific STOP codes with your BSODs?

Message 5 of 11 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am getting a irql_less_or_not_equal BSOD message.

Message 6 of 11 (1,319 Views)

Thanks @DanTheHunterMan,

That does tend to be one of the broader STOP codes. If you haven't already, please try updating your drivers to the latest versions. If you have an overclocking tool running, please try removing that as it can also cause that code.

Please also try clean booting your PC to ensure there's no programs running in the background that might conflict with the game. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 7 of 11 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I have checked and updated to the latest Nvidia drivers but that has made no difference. I have checked the ASUS site for the ASUS Maximus Hero XI motherboard I have and I am using the latest version of the available drivers for the chipset and firmware etc. I will take a look in the morning.

Message 8 of 11 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just to update, I have tried a couple of other things. I tried moving my 2080Ti to a different slot a little further from the CPU. This made no difference still BSOD'ed before I could finish one round. One thing I noticed was that the card was incredibly hot when I went to move it. If BFV is pushing the 2080 series of cards much harder than anything else this might explain the unusually high temps and the high frequency of people experiencing BSOD.

I am going to speak to the guys that built my PC tomorrow and see what is required to underclock some components to see if reducing the temps is the issue. I need to be able to revert back to current settings when Nvidia admit that they had a bug in their drivers in 2 weeks time and release a patch.....I mean release a new driver....

Message 9 of 11 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing BSOD also. No other game has done this. The beta worked fine but the release is crashing me everyday.

rtx 2080

16gb ram

650w psu

Message 10 of 11 (1,280 Views)