BSOD/computer won't respond after exiting the game

by meeha2

Original Post

BSOD/computer won't respond after exiting the game

★★★ Apprentice

DICE, please, PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! 

OK, now that I'm more or less cooled off, DICE, please, don't release an update if you are unsure if it's good or not. Or intentionally a bad update. 

Yesterday, I was playing the Firestorm (ooh! A new mode! Gotta try that!), and as soon as I exit the game (not leave the game, but leave the server, go to main menu, and hit "Exit" (game's in Russian, don't blame me for my words), my PC went into BSOD. OK, I contacted the Live Chat, they told me to delete the Origin folders in %appdata% and %programdata%. Did that, didn't help. So, now, I'm here. This IS BFV, this is not some other program. I've been running the same programs as during the gameplay before yesterday. THIS IS THE GAME!!! Why?

Well, today I was playing it as well. And once again, once I exited the game, the game... hang. Just hang. The clock won't change, MSI Afterburner won't update the info, mouse won't respond, keyboard won't respond. 

So, DICE, please do a very, very, VERY!!!!!!! thorough checkup, and not one, but rather several final checkups, before you actually release the update. I don't want to get BSODs or have my PC hang after each game. I have a lot of programs open, I have a lot of documents open, and all are important. What if I lose any data? Will you get it back for me? No? Well, then make a quadruple final checks, and then 10 more times. If you have any sort of a bug or see any (potential) problem - check on it again and again, to see if it's really a bug. If it is - fix it. Trust me, I can wait for a day or two for the update. I can't say for everyone, but I can. Ubisoft moved Anno 1800 release date to 2 months soon after beta test, and so I have to wait for it. So I can wait for BFV to release a couple of days later. Or even a month, if you add some new features.

So, one final please, PLEASE, DICE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! do several final checkups to make sure the players will have absolutely no problems with the game before you release an update.

I hope you read my message after all. If not - well, just close the Swedish office, since there is no use of it. (I mean, developers should not only develop games, but also have support who would read the forums/"answers"/else to be able to support the game.)

Message 1 of 6 (551 Views)

Re: BSOD/computer won't respond after exiting the game

Community Manager

That sounds really frustrating to deal with after playing a game of Battlefield. Can you attach a DxDiag for us so we can check your PC specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (517 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here you go. Just like I said, it happens ONLY after I play BFV. Not during, not as soon as I start the client, but after. And it started right after the last update. Before the update, it was just fine.

Message 3 of 6 (507 Views)

Community Manager

You have a really nice rig so I'm not concerned at all about your specs and everything is updated for the most part. It wouldn't hurt to get the latest driver for your RTX card though. With BSOD it could be related to power supply, overclocking, or your video card might need to be reinserted back into the slot. You mentioned you had Afterburner running. Have you tried running a clean boot to see if a third party program running in the background (or too many of them) is causing this?

Your rig should handle the game at higher settings than most, but have you tried playing it at lower settings than what you currently have to see if it avoids BSOD?

How to Clean Boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@meeha2 As well as take a air can and make sure dust is not a issue in your rig and run a windows scan to make sure windows is not making the issue as both can make a BSOD in game....

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN for all command lines reboot PC after each line is run.
No open web pages or programs like steam or Origin or web pages and always reboot after its done.

If you get a error first run then reboot PC and run it again this tool in windows has saved me from many a format.
sfc /scannow safe for all windows

Only for windows 8 & windows 8.1 and win 10 below.

Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

This command line will scan the health of your PC.
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

This command line will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything .
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

OR
If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line.
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

If you ever get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line.
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Message 5 of 6 (482 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Just to make you relax, sfc reports no issues, dism - same. Dust - how can dust affect the unsuccessful exit from the game?
Message 6 of 6 (468 Views)