Re: BSOD after launching the game

by NikTooTTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BSOD after launching the game

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing Apex since the release until Season 2 with +260hours ( Never had a problem playing before ).

After formatting my computer 1 month ago i receive everytime a BsoD after launching the game.

I tried formatting again, update the drivers, un/instaling the game +- 6 times and also tried 'repair' but nothing worked out.

I dont think that the pc is the problem but here are my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

RAM 16 GB 2666 DDR4
Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics  8GB
Intel M.2 SSD 1TB
Aorus Master Z390 Motherboard
Message 1 of 13 (4,528 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@NikTooTTV So after a couple of days trying everthing that you told me , nothing worked at the end.

A cousin of mine ( who is speciliast/ work with Pc reparation) did a check in my pc files with Teamviewer and apparently i had a lot of 'trash' between the pc files, but even so everything should work correctly.

He still gave the the best option to format everything.
We did it toguether today ( 08/11) so there could be no mistakes or unnecessary things installed. And the end the game works again.

Very happy that i can joyn the Apex community again! So excited to play.

@Jaggho_YT maybe you should try the same!

@NikTooTTV  Thank you so much for your time and pacience! I appreciated very much your help.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (5,024 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Run a memory test and check for RAM issues. 

Message 2 of 13 (4,487 Views)

Hey @GroentjeSla 

What was the Error code you got when you blue screened ?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 3 of 13 (4,475 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers it is A KMode Exception Not Handled Error.
'It's likely triggered by a faulty driver and can cause your computer to restart'. Should it be my M.2 SSD ? it's new and i already played apex with it. Could it still be the problem ?
Message 4 of 13 (4,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NikTooTTV No problems detected :/ after running the test.
Message 5 of 13 (4,456 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hmmm.. did you by chance to a fresh start or just formatted your SSD? It could be that your paging file might have defaulted and is too small now. Do you have logging enabled in game settings? 

Message 6 of 13 (4,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NikTooTTV It was a fresh start and formatted ssd aswell. Just changed the pagefille with that 50% marge ( 24GB now ) but still crashed :/ What you mean by logging enabled ?
Message 7 of 13 (4,405 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem for me. I've done a reinstall of windows, cecked games file, cecked hdd integrità, upgraded the latest amd driver and the latest Windows driver, i've done a reinstall of the vc_redist and direct x, alzo i've done an unistall of the gpu drivers with DDU. At the beginning of the Season 3 It was going well but after the october Windows update i've reached this problems. Sometimes It shotdown the PC and sometimes I see different bsod for 2 second. Last week i've played batman Arkham night every day with no crash at Extreme settings at 60fps so hardware is not the problem. Apex legends start but After 5 Min It shotdown the pc and It continues ti reboot.

PC specs: i5 4460, RX 570 strix 4gb, 8gb RAM, PSU 450 watt. 

Message 8 of 13 (4,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@GroentjeSla  sorry I apparently didnt submit my response last time so big fail on my part :/. So there's a couple of options in origin that save logs when you run it. There is also windows debugging tools that you can use to check what's going on under the hood. First make sure that you have system failure set to save small memory dumps in startup and recovery. Press the windows key and type advanced system settings > advanced tab > settings under the startup and recovery section. (I attached a screenie of the window) Your options and path options might look different but take note of the path directory that your dump files will save to. If you already had this configured as such then go ahead and open the windows debugger tool, open the dump found in that path. If not, then you are going to have to create the dump by trying to run apex again. If you get the bsod again, then the dump file will be saved to that path. 

@Jaggho_YT Have you tried to run a DxDiag? Press the windows key and type DxDiag.exe and run that. 

Message 9 of 13 (4,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@NikTooTTVBefore doing all this. A couple of days ago i reinstalled the game on a new drive ( have 2 atm ) just to test if the problem was not
with the first one. Today, after making a small memory dump file. I run the game and got BSoD, then i opened a debugging tool, and after opening it i got this message:
Memory manager detected 48640 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption. I did run a DxDiag jus to be sure. No error found.
So ? I got a memory problem ?

At this moment the only solution i see is formatting my pc again. Have seen that i have a lot o files and programs that i dont want to loose/reinstaling by the lack of time.

Message 10 of 13 (4,302 Views)